how much...

would it be to do a total SR20 swap into a S14? what has to be done?

Search on www.240sxforums.com, and here, and lots of other sites. THere is alot of info to be had. Good luck!

S13 engine or S14 engine? Do you it yourself or shop labour? Stock or upgrades like fmic, bov?

My S13 into an S13 is running close to 6 grand.
Thats is
Engine
Gaskets
clutch
FMIC
BOV
MAF
Motor mounts
Rocker Arm Stoppers
Fuel pump
Hot pipe
Intake Filter
and all the misc fluids and shit like that.
My budget is 7 so hopefully its not more than that

i paid 7 g’s for my swap aswell with everything i needed including auto-standard conversion

if your not doing it yourself…make sure to go to calgary and get it done…edmonton installers dont have a clue… :oops:

haha alright thanks guys…yeah i wouldnt do it here in edmonton…the mechanics here are kinda :rolleyes: lol…but yeah my limit is 10grand so i didnt want to spend no more than that but if its less i’ll have money left over to get other things down :smiley:

WOW prices must be nuts out there I am only into my S15 swap for 5 and I bought the greddy intercooler kit.

Check out autodream. I was just there and they are very nice guys and really know their stuff. Talk to Marvin and he will give you a good price.

Hey Mark, since you’re such hot shit, why don’t you step up and try to rewire a JDM SR20DE wiring harness to work with the SR20DET ECU and sensor’s? AND have the car run properly after?

Lets keep this on the right track guys. Cory he didnt mention any shop specificly.

Thats true, and I technicaly don’t work for a shop anymore, so I’ll just shut my big yap. :rolleyes:

Hey Mark, since you’re such hot shit, why don’t you step up and try to rewire a JDM SR20DE wiring harness to work with the SR20DET ECU and sensor’s? AND have the car run properly after?[/quote]

why not get a diff wiring harness???

Good call.

Finding used SR20 harnesses is tough and new they are somewhere around the $350 mark I think. It was less time for me to simply figure it out. Besides, I enjoy wiring challenges :wink:

i got quoted 10g’s for my S14black top, includes everything.

i also recomend that! autodream has done to many sr20 swaps to even count!

check them out u wont be let down :slight_smile:

hmmm maybe in there lys your problem lol…maybe u guys should consider gettin clips.it would lessen the head aches and you’d have extra little do-dads lying around…

yes not to mention the the hybride swaps.......aka rb26 in s14, rb20,rb25 in s13, s15 sr20 in z32.....the list goes on....maybe a better engine source  could also fix your re occuring problems....now if i paid a shop who sourced and installed my engine. it fucking better run mint, most shops will give warantee when they install and source the motor what gives with Als auto salvage????

Well ya know what Mark, I think I’ll let Al’s Auto Salvage/Speedworks continue to reply if they so choose because thats not my buisness anymore. :shrug: And yes, they do offer warranty when an engine install is done.

^^^^^^hmmmm well ask jamie how his warantee is workin out for him??? is it if the car makes it to the end of the block its good… :E sorry couldnt hold myself back