Help swap an SR20DET into my S14

Morning guys,

I’m just testing the waters right now, but I’m seriously considering shoehorning an SR20DET into my S14 this summer. I would like to perform the swap myself, with the help of an instructional DVD from Drifting.com. Would any members be able to lend a hand? I’m mechanically inclined but have no experience in this area. I have a warehouse we could perform the swap in and I’ll get/rent all the equipment we will need. Beer and dinner would be on me.

from what i understand, it’s basically plug and play, as long as the car is already a 5spd(or auto, depending which tranny you get) there’s one wire going to the ecu from the S13 DOHC harness that is different, that’s it, s14 should be about the same one would imagine…

there’s no shoehorning involved… it’s an oem motor being installed into its oem original chassis.

if it’s your first time doing a swap I’d highly advise you to hire some paid help in the form of a trustworthy, well-known installer. don’t leave it up to randoms.

the LAST thing you want is to be stuck with a half-assed job, because the LAST thing shops want to do is fix other people’s botch jobs

Well I want to install the motor myself for the experience, more than anything. But if the consensus is with professional help, then I guess I’ll have to go that route.

u can do it in a weekend if u have some basic skills, also join nico they got loads of write up’s on the best way to do it, i would help if a 24 is involved lol

I’d love to help, but im not really knowledgeable in the “engine swaps” area. Where are you located anyway?

LDN D.K - Hell yea a 24 is involved… and some chow after. Hopefully we do more drinking after it gets started.

DJ Infinity - I’m in Markham and the warehouse where we would do the swap is in Pickering.

s13 sr into s14 or s14 sr. ? if its s13 sr into s14 1 person would be busy doing the wiring for about 5 hours easily. i did a redtop into my s14 i was diong the wiring. took me a sunday afternoon till about 8 on monday morning.

I’m going to have a local vendor take care of the wiring. I want to complete the swap in two days and wiring it myself could turn out to be a nightmare.

i would give u the wiring but i forgot the site.

wiring was straight forward just took long because alot of connectoins i think over 60.

I can help with whatever for sure… Just pm me address, dates and regular crap… ill be there.

bring it to sydney Automotive , they have a special for Sr swaps right now …