Best Path For me to Get SR Swap

POINT
Get an SR into my 240sx
WHAT METHOD IS BEST FOR ME
should i do it my self?
should i get the shop to buy and install, should i buy it from a specific location and get a specific shop to install it?
local shop or any recommendations, estimated prices would be great!
other?
I was looking at Intense Motorsports any word on them?
I also herd some guys on the forum will do installs? is that safe? or recommended?
BACKGROUND INFO
Basiclly i just picked up my first 240sx this saterday and now im in the planning stages of getting an SR.
Im not sure if i want to install it my self cause the only tools i have are basic construction tools and nothing really car related (just a floor jack really) and i have never worked on an engine in a car, just body kits and such (typical ricer mods).
I love to learn and am willing to do the work my self, but i can’t afford to screw shit up or buy a shit load of parts to do the job unfortunately.
Trying to be cost effective.
Once i get the engine in all other work i will most likely do my self such as turbo upgrades, intercooler, suspension etc. cause someday i want to be able to do everything my self (doesn’t have to be this year lol)
PRICE
Hoping to get the motor(2g) + install for around 3g’s

Pic of the car :slight_smile:
http://photos-236.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v64/4/78/506711711/n506711711_29236_4502.jpg)

Ive taken a 240 pretty much fully apart with a ratchet set and screw drivers. I dont have a sr but installed ka’s again pretty much just with a ratchet set and some other basic tools. you will need an engine hoist to put it in. There are many tutorials and there is a magazine called project car magazine that shows you step by step how to do the swap. I believe it was the February issue. quite informative

varun for motor
sasha for swap

doesn’t get any better than that.

youll need a Size 10 :wink:

Do it yourself man. I didnt think there was any way i would be able to do it myself either, it seems sort of overwelming at first but once you do some research and get into it its really not that hard! Plus the more you do yourself the more familiar you get with the car/ engine, which will help alot when your ready to do upgrades/repairs.

It all boils down to whether or not you want to get your hands dirty and if you have the time. If you do it yourself, that $1000 that you were willing to spend on the swap install could be used on suspension.

Or I could do your swap for a fee, I’ve swapped more motors than lil jon has said “Yeah” in his songs.

i can get her done for u under 5 g’s motorset, intercooler, piping , b.o.v. , fuel pump and exhaust for u, installed for 5 g’s approx, i can have it done for u by mid march if u let me know now , the website is www.m2wci.com come check out the sho if u get the chance we are located in cambridge

I’m in the exact same situation…I’ve been considering my options since last summer. I read that part Project Car magazine front to back about 20 times and it seems pretty easy. IMO if you have the time and space…do it yourself for sure. Like stated above, when it becomes time to upgrade, you’ll have a better knowledge of the workings of your car.

Having just returned from SG, I can attest to the lethality of this combo.

Contact either of these gentlemen for more info. (sasha= sasha(turbo), varun= slipperysilvia)

hahaha mike, you were lurking around in that shop too?

i hope none of you raped my baby while i wasn’t looking.

The good thing about having a shop (like mine) do a swap is the support. You know the engine will be running and if anything goes wrong there will be someone knowledgable to help you through it.

When you do a swap on your own sure it might work and run great, but if there is a problem and you don’t know how to troubleshoot it your car might be out for an entire season or more. just ask ed. How much money is that really worth to you?

Ive still got a deal going on a total swap package, just do a search in the For sale section if youre interested or not, whatever

http://forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=17290

there it is.

the way i see it is if you have time and the resource then try it yourself. if it doesnt work out and your in over your head then you can always bring it to a shop and im sure they will more then gladely do/finish the swap for you.

WOW, Thank u guys so much! i have received a ton of info and help, I’m going to look into this further by pm’ing a bunch of people so thanks. If you recommend someone and can vouch for them please let me know cause I’m getting overwhelmed with all these possibilities. I think once i work prices out and contact all these people then il definitely know if I will be doing this my self or not.

Thanks again

You don’t really have to do it by “yourself”, if you have a nice garage with space, the tools, and the time. Get friends to help you out.

Thats so true, but the un finished hack jobs i have fixed usually cost more to fix and more time to fix then just me doing the whole swap from scratch…

The best way i have done swaps, was with the customer there the whole time in my own space, doing stuff on his car while we do the major parts of the swap.
This way, when the customer has small issues to work on later on, he knows how to trace back what was done.

You could always PM Hector, I’ve seen the 4 or 5 swaps he did last year and thye were factory tight and clean, and he’ll usually go the extra mile by sending ish out for powder coating to give it that over the top finish.

I’m sure he has enough pictures of his recent work, and has been driving S-chassis (much like myself) since some of our members were in grade 8…

Just reading through… god you guys make it sound like its such a tough swap lol
you do remember its a DIRECT swap !! WOW 3-4 wire changes oh man, the part that makes the difference is how well the wiring is done, clean = good, wires all over = bad.

I recommend doing it yourself if you have a hoist and a garage (house garage)

honestly, this swap is a joke.

word

lucky’s one armed ex girlfriend could do it with both eyes closed.

oouch… ain’t that some other guys girl, alergic to wheat?