SR20?

ok just outta curiousity, and where better to start asking these questions then here. I’m lookin’ at swapin the ol’ KA for the SR red top, now my question is this, cheapest place that does the best swap including price of the motor and all, stock setup nothin special at the moment. budget is everything here, if you want to know the budget its alot lower then i’d like it to be. isn’t it always.

I bought my clip from a place in montreal for 2 grand … and swapped it in with a couple buddies over 3 days ish … its pretty simple … the wiring is the trickiest part and there are dvds that tell you exactly what to do … just do your research man … its more fun and you learn alot more then just paying someone to do it … and then you have even more money for mods :wink:

if your doing an s14 swap your looking at around 3200$ but if i were you really spend the extra money and put the rb25det or if your feeling flossy swap the rb26dett. Either way all these swaps are considerable upgrades

He asked about the SR, not an RB…keep it on motor. Lets not make this into a “this motor is better for you” thread.

Just like anything else “you get what you pay for”
Do yourself a favour and dont cheap out…

as much as i’d like the rb its way outta my price range

if you’re on a budget, DIY is really the only way.

if you pay someone to do it on a budget, first of all it will probably end up exceeding the budget. secondly, if you manage to stay inside it corners WILL be cut and it will cause headaches and problems down the road.

also rb20 is less money than an sr hehe… as for an rb25 only the install is more… the front clip pricing for sr is the same as an rb25

sinse your on a budget im guessing your going with a redtop sr. and if your swapping it into a s13 it will cost u sooooo much less because the wiring is pretty simple.
but if your putting a redtop motor into a s14 like i did, the wiring will take much longer because you have more wiring to do, i spent about 5 hours with my harness out of the car sitting and wiring it, it may take less for someone who has done it more than 1ns though. no parts included i spent about 60 bucks doing my swap, but yeah that wont happen unless you get lucky enough to have a shop to your self for a day and a couple of friends to help.

a redtop swap into a s13 is pretty simple so if you know any shop that u know does good work ask them if they would be willing to do the swap for you if you supply them with the wiring info.

thanks guys, i’ll look into a front clip and what not

call tony @ 416 916 2487

he has done over 20 SR swaps, RB swaps and 2JZ swaps

very reasonable pricing

if need be…he could get you the motor and tranny as well

Intense Motorsports Swap Details and Pricing

S13/S14 S13 SR20DET

Engine Set $2000.00
Includes Engine, Transmission, ECU, Un-Cut Engine Wiring Harness Mass Air Flow Sensor and Ignitor

Engine Install Labour $1000.00

Wiring S13 Engine Into S14 Chassis $350.00

Wiring S13 Engine Into S13 Chassis $150.00

Custom Front Mount Intercooler Installed $1275.00
Set-up Includes:
 22x9x3 Front Mount Intercooler
 Custom 2 ½” Mandrel Steel Piping
 Re-enforced Silicone Couplers
 All Necessary Additional Parts For Install
 Greddy RS BOV with Flange (BOV Options Available With Different Pricing)

Swap Materials $200.00
Materials Include:
 Fuel Injection Line
 Coolant Line
 Fluids
 NGK Spark Plugs
 All Clamps

Total S13 Chassis $4625.00 Installed

Total S14 Chassis $4825.00 Installed

Recommended Maintenance Items

 OEM Nissan Water Pump $77.49
 OEM Nissan Thermostat $89.00
Labour To Install Above $75.00

 OEM Nissan Front Main Seal $9.96
Labour To Install Above $37.50

 OEM Nissan Rear Main Seal $36.65
Labour To Install Above $37.50

 OEM Nissan Head To Manifold Gasket $23.07
 OEM Nissan Manifold To Turbo Gasket $18.02
 OEM Nissan Turbo Extension Pipe Gasket $23.52
Labour To Install Above $150.00

 Exedy Stage 2 Clutch $489.95
 Machine Flywheel $75.00
Labour To Install Above $75.00

Recommended Upgrades To Consider

 Walbro Fuel Pump
 Boost Gauge
 AEM Wideband
 Gauge Pod
 Koyo Radiator
 Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan
 Boost Tee/Controller
 Turbo Timer
 Manifold and Turbo Upgrade
 Fuel Pressure Regulator
 Rocker Arm Stoppers
 Greddy Intake Manifold
 3” Turbo Back Exhaust System
 Oil Catch Can

something should be done so that everyone can reference off that ^^^

yeah that all sounds fair up there 350 for the wiring to s14 is a good price , everything priced decent but i do think the thermostat is over priced.