SR20DET Price Points!

Hi,

I currently have a 95 240!
I know there is probably info on here but I need help!
It has an auto tranny which I want to swap to manual!
I have some manual parts sitting around but I would like a shop to do everything so incase something goes wrong they can help!

How much am I looking to do the whole thing?

I would like to have some ppl do it but I don’t have the room for this!

I have the following in my possession:

FMIC Kit
Exhaust
Clutch and Brake Pedal Assembly
Driveshaft

I want to install a redtop and just have it running right!

Who can help

pm phil (s14_2nv) he knows his stuff. He’ll get your car race ready in no time!

where are you located?

check out the sponsors in our vendor section, there are shops in barrie, brampton, KW etc. that can do this for you

Located in Richmond Hill!

Anyone have any ideas on pricing?

everyone knows, but the pricing is different depending on who you talk to.

talk to Sasha at SG motorsport in Brampton

I’m getting sick of all the pointless explication points!

redtop sr - $1500
labour around $ 1500 for the 5 speed conversion and install the SR complete with everything

so probably 3000- 3500 max

i have never in my life seen a clean sr swap with the parts, labour and the engine running well, with a 5 spd swap included for 3500 bucks…

however, i think 5k is a more reasonable budget to get a reliable, properly installed motor with some sort of peace of mind that the job is done right…

^these are true words…

the devil is in the details…

do u own a shop ? do u work at a shop? even if so i dont understand what gives u the right to give somebody false pricing like u are in your post , i dont belive that your know what you are talking about and maybe u need to educate yourself a little bit before u go and try to “help” a person that is new to the boards , unless ur doing a virtual swap in some video game, the prices u are estimating will warrant work that is nothing more than mediocre at best

$3500 is very possible for a reliable SR swap. especially since u have most of the parts.

And assuming that you get the motor for free and already have most of the parts.

not to even mention that it’s also an automatic car and needs to be converted

$4-6k depending on the completeness of the clip/motorset and the degree to which aftermarket parts replace OEM stuff

Thank you all!
I’ve been talking to Varun!
He knows his crap and well the members here I’m sure can vouch for his work.

yeah, he’s good peoples

just don’t cheap out on things like this…you’ll regret it when things turn for the worse

yea around 5k is what you will be looking at… 3-3.5 is just crazy unless you are having a friend do this for you and charging really little for labour say a couple hundred then thats another story.

make sure you do front and rear main seals, water pump and a bunch more lol.
better to do this stuff while the motor is out rather then in.

goodluck and happy boosting.

my sr swap cost me under 1000 lol

There is no better way to find out how much it is , but to go to a shop and find out