SON Bashing

Very quickly, since it’s the holidays and we all have better things to do…

There has been a fair amount of this type of thing recently, SON Bashing

I have even received pm’s from people who dont seem to appreciate my role and think that they can vent to me about how the site is not incredibly awesome or in some ways imperfect.

If you dont like the forum that is fine; all are welcome here and all are welcome to their own opinion.

However, if you really feel so strongly about it i kindly ask you to please just leave and do not come back.

It is true that our membership demographic appears to be getting more noobish but i am afraid that everyone is just going to have to put up with it and figure out a way to deal with it.

I get as many low-ballers as anyone, i deal with people talking smack on a daily basis, oh the stories i could tell. But i certainly dont think that a handful of people who behave a certain way are representative of an entire community of hundreds, perhaps thousands of individuals.

Please just keep your negativity to yourself.

Flamboyant SON Bashing will hereby result in temporary bans…

We do not wish to punish anyone permenantly, hopefully such instances are minor errors in judgement and the actions of the admin and moderators are done so respectufully.

Thank you, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

im all for your post bing, but i gotta admit, son is full of douchebags/douchebaggery lately and its sickening to some degree

I agree with Bing. I’m all about bashing SON but it does not need to be posted on the forum or anything. Who cares about lowballers and newbs. If you don’t like their offers, just ignore them and move on. Soon they will level up to being one of the many know it all elitists on the board lol.

your issues are with certain types of people, not with SON…

What kind of thing is that to say as an admin. Sorry man but its your responsibility to hear all that shit and deal with it, you as an admin have to cater to everybody’s need. If your getting alot of people complaining and telling you this site isnt what it should be you dont turn around and say deal with it. You should be taking hints from people, because if your not the one they should complain too, who then? In my opinion that just you wanting to have admin status and not wanting to earn it. Sure you get it because you know the owner of the site and youve been here for a while, but that doesnt mean you deserve the position as admin. You are here for the members and the members only. So, YOU need to deal with it and make sure everybody stays happy. You must earn the respect of people by being a leader and an admin that handles things like this. Sure there will be the odd person who is never happy and always complains about everything. Tho I have seen way to many people on this site talk about how poorly the reputation of this site has become to think its just the random person ranting, also they will give reasons why it looks the way it does.Use that to your advantage.

BOTTOM LINE-----You can just say deal with it. Your the admin, you have to deal with it, if not let someone who wants to do it… do it.

Im not just trying to flame you if thats what this post looks like It applies to every admin.

yes but the people are son

perma bans should be handed down to several people on this forum

to get rid of a cancer, you remove the organ

but your right, people need to stop bashing son as a whole, cuz theres definately some good guys here

+1

I also don’t agree its bings/Mods responsibility to babysit our shit… Everyone should jsut step up and do there best not to f-up threads… Try the temp ban thing a little more and hopefully people will get the message…

maybe the personal rating add on mite be a help just like the potential of itrader has in its own element.

mehhh, i mite just be talking out of my ass…

IMO, it’s not SON that’s the problem. Talking to a lot of guys on here (there are no girls on the internet), I’ve noticed that most of us have a pretty big hate on people that lowball, and people that profit off of the community. It’s a select few that do this, and the rest of us don’t actually do it, or approve of it.

that isnt the point of this thread, and my authority is unquestionable.

the point is that SON bashing will not be tolerated and that it is unecessary anyways.

no one is obligated to be a member of this community and should exit the community rather than complain about it…

or they could take the initiative to better it… however, the people who complain are not the type to take that initiative anyways.

the thing that most sonlings dont understand is

if your going to judge with negitive criticism,

then also reply with some positive criticism.

So if you think something sucks or needs improvement

you can say your 2cents,
but also include an idea that would maybe help the problem instead of just adding to the negitivity.

but all this, “ive seen this car in person” comments are pointless…

I’ve seen a lot of things in person…
AT LEAST if you leave comments on something youve seen , then go all out with detail since the owner hasnt.
dont just say “ive seen this car”
just because youve seen something doesnt make it clean or worth the amount asking…

if you said something like

Ive seen this car, the owner failed to mention the 3’’ hole in the frame/floor, then I dont see a reason to ban those people…if anything +1 on their part for saving someone the time or whatever.

but to sort of help the issue,
I think the post count thing that zilvia and everyone has would be a decent Idea’s for new members…
they can’t post in certain sections until…blahblahblah…

and for the senior members,
since they are supposed to know better already,
just simple bans or disable things on the persons account so they cant do stupid things…

my pennys.

any ideas mods?

^^ yep
thats pretty much the outlook on unneeded posts in classifieds

the only valid classified posts (aside, of course, from direct interest in the item) are those that expose a scam or otherwise fatal flaw in the item that other members should be aware of

making profit, as despicable as it might be, is not a scam or flaw. it’s the BUYER’s responsibility to do their homework and determine fair market value of an item. if they’re not sure what’s fair, they can start a thread in the general chat area. the for sale post is not the place for discussion.

it’s also not fair to other sellers when a particular poster’s product is bumped 5 times because he just happens to have buddies on the forum that vouch for it.

i’m not against unbiased and impartial comments (such as, “i saw this car in person, it’s pretty clean”) on their own… but the problem is it’s too hard to distinguish those from bumps by friends or by ignorant forum fiends (eg all the “bump for this tyyte riide yo this is a sickkk dealll” posts where the poster has never even seen the car)

in summary

DO NOT POST IN CLASSIFIEDS UNLESS:

1. you are directly interested in the item

2. you believe there is some kind of scam relating to the item or you are aware of a fatal flaw with the item that others should know about

temporary bans will continue until people start getting the point or until replies in classifieds are simply disabled

I’m going to lock this up…

no need for discussion.

Thanks to everyone who read and obides by this simple request.