Stunt Driving?

Here I was, trying to take my s14 home from a shop that was shutting down. My car was not street ready, it has no horn, it has no windshield wipers, and was covered with dust. I passed a van on the right lane (the van was on the left lane and was going 40 on a 60 zone)… I gave a bit of gas, and my car had summer tires… it might have fishtailed… I didn’t notice… about a minute later, a cruiser flashed the cherries and pulled me over with the reason of “fish tailing between the van and the curb in the right lane”. I was charged with “STUNT DRIVING - SPIN/CIRCLE WITHOUT MAINTAIN CONTROL”, “RACING”, “OPERATE UNSAFE VEHICLE”, “UNNECESSARY NOISE” (my car was QUIET). Cop never said anything about noise prior to giving me the tickets. The reason for pulling me over was that “he saw me fish tailing beside the van”. Later, he said he heard a high pitch sound from my car and asked if I had NOS, which I co-cooperatively let them search my car. I had a GT30R turbo on my SR20.
They even shined a light in my eyes to check if I had my contacts on, and I was co-operative the whole time and did whatever they asked, opening the hood, starting the car and turning the wheel, etc. etc… I had no criminal record.
As a result, of course, my car is now IMPOUNDED, my license SUSPENDED (never happened before).
WTF is this? Does any of u here have this kind of experience before?? Can someone give me advise of what I can do?? Any feedback or comments is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Well you shouldn’t have been driving if your car was not street ready…Should’ve got it towed home.

http://jammin.jshost.ca/mark/Misc%20Pics/picard2.gif

well was the car insured ?? legit plates , saftied ?

if one or none of the above u dont have , your fucked !!

a tow would have been much cheaper eh

farmer

Although this was easily preventable and a petty offense, it is very sad to see happen.

That gif Mark just posted up pretty much sums it up.

I feel your pain bro, I hope you get through this. Please post any updates as we would like to prevent this from happening again.

When my brakes were really spongy after installing J30’s and failing to bleed the ABS unit properly, I had to leave my car there until it was properly working. Don’t take unnecessary risks. Hope you learned from your mistake.

Yeah, you got caught. A fat retainer and a defense attorney will ease the situation but not by much. Try Points, they will give you the lowdown.

Here I was, trying to take my s14 home from a shop. My car was not street ready yet I drove it. I passed a van on the right lane which was in the left lane going 40 on a 60 zone. I gave a bit of gas, and my car had summer tires along with other not public road safe items. It fishtailed and I didn’t notice but about a minute later, a cruiser flashed the cherries and pulled me over.

The reason was “fish tailing between the van and the curb in the right lane”. I was charged with “STUNT DRIVING - SPIN/CIRCLE WITHOUT MAINTAIN CONTROL”, “RACING”, “OPERATE UNSAFE VEHICLE”, “UNNECESSARY NOISE” Cop never said anything about noise prior to giving me the tickets. The reason for pulling me over was that “he saw me fish tailing beside the van”.

As a result, of course, my car is now IMPOUNDED, my license SUSPENDED . Help me because I made a mistake!

I’m sorry but the intelligence of SON is really starting to shock me.

Buddy, if you are who I think you are then you car is flashy as hell, and that may be why you got pulled over.
Your car is very nice but could easily fit a street racer or street racing profile.
You should have towed it home
My only advisice in that type of situation is to get a good lawyer.

http://www.ticketcombat.com/step1/step1.php

start reading.

If you have a bigger turbo and you’re running summer tires in this kind of weather, I’m sure you should’ve expected your car to “fish tail”.

How you didn’t notice it kind of boggles me to be honest. I’m sure you’d know if you were sideways, even for a second.

Cruising at 40km/h…you wouldn’t have been in boost.

How much gas did you give it to cause a fish-tail??

I have a stock KA thats in the shittiest condition ever with a fucked fuel pump relay (causes a sluggish reaction) and sometimes when I give it the slightest pump of gas in 1st or 2nd around a corner in wet/snowy weather it kicks out a little. Not a lot, but you can feel it. It’s not impossible.

don’t need boost to fish tail in this weather. especially on summers.

boost boost boost…omg boooooooost.

if kids were to stop doing STUPID shit like this. insurance rates would not be as high. police officers would not hunt us down. and on and on. if your car is not safe. don’t drive it. maybe the officer was exsessive. yet, you could of killed someone.

and yea. i’m starting to find SON less and less useful for general information. anything regarding nissan’s is good. but i don’t know anymore. to many teeny boppers.

u musta did something wrong to get stopped. as u sed ur car was not street ready so that means u driving it is unsafe. in terms of u getting that kinda ticket is the extreme. congratz ur one the few. but once ur tagged as STUNT driving… its over. its all in one, combo # 5. a lil bit of this a lil bit of that. and a lil wrong done by your side. get lawyer. thats only way. good luck.

If what your saying is true and thats all you did then why did you let the cop take your car you did nothing wrong. But i think there another side to this story.

youll have to excuse the rest of son, they all try to be comedians

they dont realize how serious this is. here is my advice to you
once you get the car back after paying the impound fee’s, sell it and invest ini a bike.
not a motorcycle, a plain jane bicycle.

At “40kmh” and with a turbo that size, you must have also been driving like an idiot in order to “fish tail”.

Let’s not jump to conclusions…but I was getting to a similar point.

you need to start saving, and get a lawyer asap, NOT a paralegal, for example ex copper will NOT CUT IT, you need a LAWYER, you will probably have to argue the charter on this one as they might not just lower it.

u got hit with the dreaded street racing charge… + extras

read up
http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_90h08_e.htm#BK244

This Is one of the charges that u definately NEED a lawyer for …

I drifted at a 75 degree angle in front of a cop in rush hour traffic. WHY AM I GETTING A TICKET?