got pulled over tonight

so i was on my way home from a late night timmies run and i come around the corner to my house at my normal speed my foot slid off the clutch as im wearing some shitty shoes the car slides out just a hair and bam theres a cop out side my house no lights on nothing . i pull in to my parking lot hoping he hasnt noticed or just plan doesnt care but no he flicks the lights on and gets behind me. he tells me he’s putting my under arrest for stunting and is going to impound my car so my first thoughts are ok this cops a fuckin dick. he places me under arrest sits me in the back and then says here’s your options you can either take to tickets and keep your car or i suspend you take your car and you get charged. so i take the tickets. he takes me out of the cuffs and tells me to wait out by the car. 20 mins goes by and he comes to me and says heres your tickets one for cornering un safely and the other for not using a signal light thats bull shit i think. he says i can fight these if i want then he will come back to get me for stunting . my ? is can he ? can he try to charge me for this later in life if i choose to fight my tickets ?

whats your imput son.

what car are you driving? i would fight the tickets. you turned the corner with caution, hit slippery conditions, your car kicked out a bit, you let off the throttle, regained controll and drove safely and cautiosly to you destination.

i highly doubt he can come back and charge you if you fight the tickets…but chances are next time he sees you, its probably not going to be a fun experience

Fight it. You don’t even need a lawyer, the judge will most likely tell the cop off kindly, they shouldn’t be cuffing you or being taken out of you car even if it were stunting. That law is so bs thier all just making money off it and acting as its usefull so they keep it. “we’ve caught XXXX amount of people yad yad with this law it works” even though XXXX amount were thrown out.

I was pulled over and tickted for not leaving space for and emergency vehicle. Cop had some one pulled over but eveyone was inside there cars, I came around the bend and didnt have enough time to safely change to the third lane out of four and he ave me a ticket…Fought it judge said she didnt see anyone in danger during this and that the ticket was unnecessary and I got off no lawyer just told them what happen.

Most cops are fags and most judges are cool.

Yea that’s definitely a fightable ticket so long as everything you’ve said is truthful.

He can’t bring up the “other” charge later on. The only way for him to do that is to present it in court, but so long as your case/story is straight forward and truthful It wouldn’t matter what he has against you.

Explain the road conditions and the entire situation to the crown and hopefully everything would go over smoothly.

Fight it. For sure the tickets will get lowered or thrown out. You wont get chraged with something else…like say your in court, the cop cant just tell the judge “oh and i also wanna give this scumbag a wreckless driving ticket”. Oh and make up some notes of what exactly happend that night, date it, sign it and bring it to court. Notes are key. That what police use to screw you if you plead innocent.

You shouldn’t be changing gears while cornering (especially without cup holders).

I know they can reintroduce and charge you for the original speed on reduced speeding tickets if you take them to court, I don’t see why they can’t with these. It could be to your advantage though.

well the guy did tell me he was going to write everything down, and he did. he said the reason i was under arrest was because i was stunting and its a chargable offence. i think im just going to pay the ticket and go about my life im just pissed that this shit even happened

dont pay! tell the judge the officer was peeeeeeeeeeedooooing you in the back seat

peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedoooooooooooooo

call 416 charged. look for forch.
those guys work magics…

keep a copy of the weather reports for today and last night.

k well did you pull into your house? i personally gaurntee he will just wait there for you again and next time when your doing nothing you definitely getting that stunting ticket!

yea i think thats exactly wat he was trying to say. He wont bring the past occurance back up but he’ll just nail u on a new one. I guess he ddint wanna say it straight up

well i went to take my kids to the doctors while i was there i got 5+ text from local friends saying that there was cops out side of my house and for me to drive very carefully, sure enough i come home and theres a cruiser across the street just chillin now this is really nothing out of the ordinary just because i live on the most used road in beamsville but when i showed up he eyed me down. the cops have nothing better to do around my parts but sit in empty parking lots for hrs. i was wondering is there anything i can do or say ?

Right…because that’s completely logical if he’s driving normally…

Brandon, you have no reason not to fight this, it’s a RWD car driving on icy roads, shit like that happens. IF what your saying is completely true and you corrected it right away and drove normally into your driveway, there’s no reason for the cop to do anything. I doubt he would even show up in court if you challenged it.

^ John you know how i drive when im coming to my home. so i wasnt being stupid.

^Exactly! So your fine man, trust me, been in a similar situation before and the cop didn’t even show up…

Honestly, I would just fight it. He can’t bring it up in court and be like OH YEAH well I wanna charge him with stunting then! It’s a pretty serious charge to just ‘let someone go’. I’d be more worried about him sitting outside your house like that and trying to fuck you again with a RANDOM charge you didn’t do.

As for the person who asked why your shifting during a turn… did you know your ‘supposed’ to shift during a turn? If you try and just cruise around a left hand turn in first gear on your G2 or G driving test… you lose points. Not to mention this cop sounds like a dick head and would probably have charged him with ‘excessive’ noise or some shit.

All in all, good luck with what you choose to do. I hope you beat it.

Common sense > Driving tests. No shifting during a turn, both hands on wheel.

Firstly did you signal when you turned in or is that ticket bogus?

Chances are if you fight the un-safe turn ticket you will get the response I heard from the judge when I went, for someone elses case

“If the conditions were not great you should have slowed down more. Speed limit is the maximum but in rough weather don’t drive the maximum and than try fighting a ticket by saying it was unsafe for you to stop - running a yellow/red”