Stunting Ticket

Wasen’t sure where to post this but here it is.

I had just recieved a stunting ticket the first day I got my 180SX. Anyways I have some questions about the ticket that I would like answered. What had happend was that I was taking a turn on this icy corner and I slid out about 190-200 degrees. So instead of going forward, back, forward, back, I just hit the gas a little and made my car go the remaining distance. I did stop the car after I had spun the 200 degrees so it wasen’t like I did the full 360 at a time. The cops didn’t see me do it someone in the neiborhood saw me and called it in. Saying that if her 2 year old daughter was on the street I would of killed her and shit. Anyways back to the questions.

First Question: How much is an average stunting ticket. Mine was $402 which seems a little high.

Second Question: How would I go about in fighting this ticket?

Third Question: How many demerit are for this ticket if any and would I be able to get them off so my insurance isn’t bad?

If you could please answer these questions for me please I would appreciate it. Thanks

Josh Chan

Her word against yours. If you weren’t stunting you will have no problem in court. She’s not an expert by any means. If her two year old old daughter was on the street I’d want the mother in jail.

Agreed!

Go see the corwn prosector.

$402 thats what they cost and i think its like 4 or 5 demmerits. Go into the yellow pages and go to tickets or traffic tickets, i cant remember which. There will be a place called Tickets they are located across the street from city hall on the west side. Go to him if you want to get off, because he will probably get the demmerits lowered to 0 and get the ticket reduced to $100 or get it removed completly, or you could go to court yourself.

Get a lawyer. Points is what I think one of them is called. I’ll cost you a little bit, but you will most likely get no demerits and a reduced fine.

don’t get a lawyer, just go to court on the date that it says on the ticket, chances are if she as the witness doesn’t show up chances are the ticket will be forgiven all together. unless you admitted to the police officer that gave you the ticket that you were stunting. either way just tell them that it is a bullshit lie by some woman who is mad at your loud muffler or something. i’ve gotten off of many tickets. just lastyear i got off of a stunting ticket.

ya, there was another write up about this on 780tuners I think. It’s basically her word against yours. She is no professional/cop. You walk in and say you spun out cause there was a patch of ice, end of story. This then would not be classified as “stunting”.

well my problem is that there are two people saying that i was there for a few hours doing donuts but if i was there that long why not call the cop right?

What proof do they have that you were there doing donuts? How do they know it wasn’t a car that just looked like yours, and then you’re the unfortunate victim?

If they won’t bother in court, it doesn’t even matter. By now you must surely realize that in North American legal situations, whether you did it or not has little to do with the final outcome of the case. Pay the $100 to Points, and save your insurance rates and keep the demerits off your liscence.

And then make sure you do your donuts where no one can see. :smiley:

hahah i’ll make sure i will do that next time…know any good places :smiley:

Yeah, the heritage mall parking lot. Totally abandoned and the covered parking structure has plenty of open dry pavement to burn out on. :smiley:

No security either, really.

hahah thanks for the spot i’ll rembmer it when the time comes :stuck_out_tongue:

The cop has to be a total dumbass!! (Which one isn’t??) to write a ticket according to someones word?? They can’t do that shit!! If thats the case I’m gonna phone and report some asshole that cuts me off next time and say he drifted across the lane and just about hit me!! Give him a ticket!! :finga: City cops!!

Are you kidding me? Edmonton cops will write tickets any chance they get!

The money from the tickets goes right into police coffers - I wonder why we don’t have a fleet of cops with Benz’s in this town… :finga:

yes i find the RCMP to be much more leaniante in terms of tickets.

lol like that fleet of cops in japan with tuned GTR R34’s?

Yeah…like that, only more gay.

And with less GT-R :smiley:

Police will issue tickets only if the complainant signs a witness statement and promises to testify if it goes to court. That’s why you should definitely attend on your trial date. If the other parties don’t show, the ticket is thrown out and they might even get the cops on their case for wasting everyone’s time :wall:

holy poo,

i would absolutley laugh my face off right in front of the officer when he was writing that ticket up.

u dont need a lawyer to beat this thing.

were you actually doing donuts there or no?

either way, the witness is not an officer and the officer cannot issue a ticket for something he did not see.

get your court date, get the police report (“disclosure” in ontario).

have the date remanded to a later date about a week before the first court date they give you. if the witness was planning to show this will throw her off a bit. it will also mess with the cops schedule as well.

tell them you have school / out of town / exam / hangover and that you cant make it next week.

they should give you at least one remanding.

when you show in court the cop will read his notes or whatever:

responding to complaint, ran the license plate ticketed owner of vehicle.

when you get the ask the questions you go like this:

“Officer Homo-face, you say you were responding to a complaint is that true?”

“yes”

“where were you when the complaint was filed”

“Tim Horton’s…duuuhhh”

“so you were not in the immediate area of the alleged offence when it was said to have occured?”

“no”

“so then you could not have seen the offense is that true”

“yes it is”

“if you did not witness the offense you would not be able to identify the driver is that true”

“yes it is”

" to recap, you did not see the offense, nor did you see who was driving said vehicle when the alleged offense occured is that right?"

“yes it is”

thank you

put the witness on the stand if she shows

“Hello Mrs. prostitute avec le bastarde fille. Are you an accredited officer of the law?”

“no i am not”

“are you familiar with all of the individual sections and subsections of the Highway traffic Act?”

“heck no”

“does your word mean anything in court at all”

“my daughter says i’m cool”

“good night”

ticket gone

if some some wild reason you get convicted anyways you can file an immediate appeal, then get yourself a pricey lawyer.

the lawyer will walk into the office of the crown:

“hey bob”

“hey jim”

“foose-ball tonite”

“sure, i’m buying if you reduce this ticket for me”

“what is it?”

“some kid. did some stuff. lady complained.”

“you’re buyin right?”

wallah no ticket

lol for some reason i think youve done this before ahah