Stunting Ticket

Hahhahahaa, awesome write-up :thumb

So you can get tickets for some he said she said BS now. HA, that’s great. Now I’ve seen it all. I can officially die now.
:roll:

hey man i just got a stunting ticket to! anyways to go upon fighting it pleed registered owner, u will usually have the pay the ticket but u will get no demerits! go to the court and get a case resolution forum fil that out then hand it in, the crown prosicutor will probably get ahold of you, if he deosn’t then show up at court on the required date, but make sure you are an hour early so you can talk with the crown before hand! , try that and u should be good.

i dunno if anyone allready posted this solution i didn’t wanna read all the replys

the crown will always plead u down.

for my last speeding ticket they bring you into the office before court and you a lower charge.

i laughed, seriously.

walked into the court room, had to wait 2 hours then got off scott free…

you will to, do not settle, you can reopen the case if they convict.

The incident does not need to be witnessed by an officer. They just need a witness to fill out a statement and testify in court. The witness does not need to know the law, she just describes what she saw. The judge decides if the witness is credible, and whether or not what they described fits the charge.

http://www.qp.gov.ab.ca/documents/acts/T06.cfm

115 (2) (f) drive a vehicle so as to perform or engage in any stunt or
other activity on a highway that is likely to distract, startle
or interfere with other users of the highway

I agree that the ticket is easy to beat. My point is that the procedure is legit and they have the right to charge you based on a witness statement and testimony. Really, how often is there a police officer at the scene of a crime as it is happening? Most people would look around for cops before doing something illegal. :shhh: :senior :twocents:

If you wanted to knock her credibility…just as the chick why she was looking out the window instead of watching her kids… :grin

good call,

you are dead on, i meant the same thing i guess i just didnt present it as clearly as thou

yes i find the RCMP to be much more leaniante in terms of tickets.[/quote] :ROFL :ROFL :ROFL :ROFL :ROFL

115 (2) (f) drive a vehicle so as to perform or engage in any stunt or
other activity on a highway that is likely to distract, startle
or interfere with other users of the highway

How do they define “highway”. Specifically “perform or engage…on a highway”. So, how does the law apply if said “stunting” was performed in a parking lot? Seems to me the best they can do is a disturbance and/or tresspassing charge.

Of course that’s all based on my whoefully inadequate knowledge of the vaguely written stack of paper used to govern traffic in Alberta.

Enlighten me please and thank you.
B-Wurm :smiley:

http://www.qp.gov.ab.ca/documents/Acts/T06.cfm?frm_isbn=0779715136
“highway” means any thoroughfare, street, road, trail, avenue, parkway, driveway, viaduct, lane, alley, square, bridge, causeway, trestleway or other place or any part of
any of them, whether publicly or privately owned, that the public is ordinarily entitled or permitted to use for the passage or parking of vehicles and includes
(i) a sidewalk, including a boulevard adjacent to the sidewalk,
(ii) if a ditch lies adjacent to and parallel with the roadway, the ditch, and
(iii) if a highway right of way is contained between fences or between a fence and one side of the roadway, all the land between the fences, or all the land between the fence and the edge of the roadway, as the case may be, but does not include a place declared by regulation not to be a highway;

So basically anywhere you can drive a car is considered a highway. Now that said, if you’re stunting on private property with the owner’s permission, the court system likely wouldn’t even look at the case unless it was somehow endangering the public.

http://www.qp.gov.ab.ca/documents/Acts/T06.cfm?frm_isbn=0779715136
1999 cT-6.4 s114 (Copy this, load the webpage, then hit CTRL+F, paste this section into the box, then click find.)
Check out the listed of prohibited vehicle operations…and then make sure you do every single one of then. :E

Dude, get yourself the google toolbar. I found what you were looking for in 5 mins. :smiley:

Well I’m into my own little ticket problem here at the moment. I won’t really get into it, but I’ll just say that it involves some kid chasing after me from a light without me knowing, cops witnessing it while driving opposite direction, assuming we’re racing and pulling only me over.

I have already spoken with Points and they threw their best high pressured sales pitch on me. After speaking with quite a few others who have come across these issues I’ve come to realize that the $402 - 6 demerit tickets are something to take very seriously. If you are convicted you’re looking at a minimum 25% increase in your insurance premiums when the next renewal comes around.

The other thing that I’ve found out, and what should make you a little happier, is that most people get their fines/demerits reduced if they get their shit together and talk to a Crown Prosecutor. What you need to do is phone up the city courthouse and ask for the traffic division. Tell them that you’d like to speak to the justice of the peace regarding ticket ########. So long as they have the ticket at the courthouse you should be able to go down and speak to one of the Crown Prosecutors(CP).

Now when you head down to the courthouse, be sure to dress respectably and have your shit prepared. Bring along written statements for your side of the story and be ready to convince the CP that the loss of control was not intentional and was as a result of the slippery roads. You could possibly admit to them that you may have been driving a little too fast for the conditions, but were still well below the speed limit. If they are not prepared to throw the ticket out at this point then you can offer to plea gulty to a lesser charge. I’m guessing that the ticket you received was for careless driving, was it not?

You could plea guilty to “Making an improper turn” which carries a 2 demerit penalty and a substantially reduced fine. If the CP accepts pleaing to a reduced charge you should be able to clear everything up then and there without ever going to court. If not, then you could look into getting a lawyer for the court date.

Looking at what some people have had their tickets reduced to in the past, I can’t see the charges sticking on either you or myself. One of the guys was a participant in the Villenueve street racing bust. The police had him on video and witnessed him making several passes racing against other participants. His charges were dropped down to only a 3 demerit penalty and I believe $155 in fines.

The thing that is a big bonus is that if you call the court every day until your ticket comes in and speak to the CP early, then there’s a good chance you won’t ever have to pay for a lawyer. If you want to speak with a lawyer for a free consultation beforehand, do it. The advice you get could be very helpful when talking to the CP about the charge.

Good luck man!

Matt

I just realized after looking around a bit that there are stunting tickets that carry this heavy fine but with less demerits, sorry if I scared you there.