speeding ticket help

Ok I was going 132 on the highway and i got pulled over. The officer dropped it to 15 over which is no points and a $52 dollar fine. Thing is if i get convicted my insurance will rape me. I heard if you fight the ticket they reinstate your original speed and not the dropped speed. No where on the ticket does it say 132km/h. I was thinking going to the court and i know theres some guy you can talk to before going to court so i was thinking tell him i will pay $105 which is double to where ever the money goes when you are convicted for them to drop the ticket. you guys have any experiences with this kind of stuff? It would be greatly appreciated.

they can never, and will never, bring the ticket back up to 132, what is written on the ticket is final. do not be affraid of any bullshit like that you hear the officer or who ever you heard it from is wrong. the ticket you are givin is what you are convicted of. not 132 GOOD LUCK MAN!

^ the Cop does have the whole scenereo in his little note pad, if you fight that one, the judge will definitely take that into consideration…

The fact that the ticket was dropped to $50 is a gift to you… pay it and suck up the consequences (I just paid one for $50 online today).

You sped, you pay the price. Just be thankfull he dropped it that far first off… they usually drop it to 29 over and then down to 15 over in court. going to court to fight a 15 over is like a slap in the face to the officer.

Sorry to be so blunt, but if you can’t afford to have a speeding ticket, don’t speed.

i got a ticket for 300 bucks last time on the gardiner, mikey was behind me. i was in a stupid crv, going 130kms just like everyone else, then a stupid truck behind me decided he wanted to go even faster…what do i do? i have to speed up to change lanes. then the cop pulls me over. fuck.

Id half to agree with Theo, if you can’t afford to have a speeding ticket, don’t speed.

If you are really that worried about insurance, I would call a Lawyer a real lawyer not X-Copper or a Clerk. Lawyers are pricey, but as I said if your that worried about your insurance get one.

I was caught going 150 in a 60 zone and my Lawyer was able to get rid of the ticket completely.

Yeah I learnt my lesson too. I was going 150 on the DVP, 90kmh zone.

Managed to get the ticket dropped completely. You’re lucky that its only a $50 ticket. Just pay it dude.

I don’t know where you heard that, but the Justice of the Peace (JP) CAN reinstate the original speed. That means that that since your defence was set for the original speed, now you should ask for an extension to defend the new charge, which WILL be granted. Only the JP can amend the charge, not the prosecutor or the cop.

It hardly ever happens, and the one JP who does it (who is at the Newmarket courthouse I believe) is a serious d!ck. But it can happen. All you can do is ask for an extension.

PS the one guy it happened to was a punk ass kid who showed no respect to the court, or the court officers. He was mouthing off really badly. If you aren’t mouthing off, chances are it won’t happen. I’ve only seen it happen once in 9 years.

Next time, try to check out the relevant case law before making blanket statements.

www.magma.ca/~fyst is your friendly web site. Good advice for those not familiar with procedure, etc.

In the OP’s situation, request your trial date. If you show up and the cop shows up, then talk to the prosecutor and just plead guilty, as 15km/h over is a gift (as stated earlier.) If the cop is not there, then BAM you’re free.

Renman, have you forgotten that this is SON?

Everyone in general posts their opinions as if they were facts. For example: Crsbb

Now get with the program, but thanks for making things clear regarding that.

How did you manage to get it fully dropped? Did you hire a lawyer? I shouldnt have sped i was just really late and wont speed anymore i hope. The $50 isnt the issue i would pay it if i could get off the charge. I heard that some people in the same pridicament tell the judge or the guy (not sure who it is but before you go to court you can see him) that you will donate the amount to charity or to where ever the amout of the ticket goes. If you plead with them they should drop the ticket but make you pay the amount? anyways im going to go see a ticket fighter to see if its an easy win.

your wrong lol, sorry to say pal. but the ticket written and handed to you is what you will be fighting in court… do your resarch and understand he will not be in any danger of them lifting it back up to origional speed…and no your wrong again they will not take it into consideration unless you go to trail which is not how you always fight tickets

if he pleds guilty with a response, he will get it lowered but not completly obviously. but if he goes to trial… the officers notes will be present. and if the jp reads them he may just say son pay it it has arealy been lowered for you…

in no way can they ever raise the fine or incresse the speed to what you were previously doing… prove me wrong. and stop posting in his thred if you arent helping him out

EVERYTHING YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ IS STRAIT OFF THE SITE YOU SENT ME…

1. Plead not guilty - trial option
    Why should you plead not guilty? Because:
    if you appear on trial, the cop might not show up, and the ticket is automatically dismissed;
    if the cop does show up, with some preparation, you have a chance to win the case;
    in the worst case, if you lose, you still don’t pay more than if you have just pleaded guilty. Court costs are already tagged onto the prescribed fine. (Often fines are reduced if you put up a good defence.)

that is what you should do . either way you will not pay more than your issued ticket

im gunna agree with theo on this one, what the cop did for you is a gift.

trying to fight it eve further would be a slap in the face.

take it as it is.

booo ya chad. as for the fools that say dont speed if u cant pay it. thats the stupidest shit i ever heard. while your driving anywhere do u think shit man this guy is a slow moron. hey i have an extra 150bucks i can pass him… i dont think so. so quite with the bull. we all speed. it doesn’t matter if we are going 5 over or if its 160 over its speeding. its all in where u speed. get a reallly good lawyer.never say ur guilty unless u really are ready to deal with the consequences

i got a reduced ticket in huntsville and the place i went didnt know my origional speed neither did i. and also its huntsville which was a pain. i got my ticket reduced to 20 over. but in the end they got me just to pay 50 bucks no points small fine. in ure case i dont think it can get any worse. also i was told by where i went there has been a trial where a ticket was brought back up to its origional speed but was some fresh out of university lawyer bla bla bla. who knows if that ever happend though. if u need more info on where i went pm me ill send it to u

hope it helps.

I wasn’t one of those fools, however, yes I have thought what I can and can’t afford when speeding. I know other people do as well, maybe it’s a maturity thing…

ok so i just got a quote with insurance. If i get convicted on this ticket my insurance goes up just under $1000 a year because they dont care about the amount i was speeding just how many convictions i have… That is why i need this off. I dont care about paying the ticket as i stated. If somehow i can pay the amount fine to like a charity or something like that i have heard they take away the ticket. This is just here say though so I would like to get some peoples experiences on it.
thanks

Well it depends if the cop wrote down your actual speed limit on the ticket in brackets. In my case, i was doing 150kmh in a 90 zone and he wrote down.

149kmh (150kmh) in a 90 zone

So it shows that he reduced it by 1kmh for me.

If yours shows just 15kmh over, then you might be able to fight it in court and win. But i’d just pay it.

its not the $50 over im worried about. its the years of my premium up $1000

Okay, then this brings you back to the point where someone said. If you can’t afford to speed, then don’t speed. I don’t know if it was you who was flaming the person for saying that. But it’s true.

Ever watch the gumball 3000? Those guys go fast as hell and they don’t care… because they can afford to pay off all the tickets in the end. Or don’t even pay it. Or w/e

yeah i know i wont do it again but at this point getting a conviction is out of the question for me. I need some info on how to fight it. So for yours because he reduced it by one the court threw it out or what?