speeding ticket help

Good luck, you have more then enough contrasting opinions to be confused.

I agree that is what you are fighting that day.

Straight from the site: http://www.magma.ca/~fyst/fystfaq.htm

Q: The officer reduced the speed cited on my ticket, and threatens if I fight it, he would increase it back up in court. Should I still opt for a trial?

A: You should still plead not guilty. Everything could be just a bluff, you will never know. Perhaps the officer really didn’t get you at the higher speed. He could just be making that speed up and pretended to do you a favour by lowering it, to give you more incentive to pay it quickly. Or the higher speed is legitimate. But why does he do that if he could write you up at the higher speed in the first place? Well, perhaps he hates going to court, in which case you may find a pleasant surprise when you are finally at trial. Can he really put the speed back up if you encounter him at trial? You should know when you request disclosure. If he has that written down, perhaps he might. But then if he really does try to increase it back up, his position is actually weakened. You had to be going at either speed, not both. When he brings up another speed in his testimony, he has put reasonable doubt in his own case. If he claims the lower speed was not true after all, you can then suggest he is obstructing justice by misleading you into preparing a defence. The ticket, the official charging document, is what you were relying on to prepare a defence, and the lower speed is the only speed you know. At the very least, if the judge agrees to everything the officer says, request an adjournment because now the charge has changed. But the judge likely won’t allow the officer to do that in the first place.

This is what I was getting at. I’m not going to post case law on the site, do you think I have time to cite it? As for court procedure, you have access to it as a member of the public, look it up.

As long as I can cite it in court, then I’m happy.

PS the technique noted above is exactly what you should do if the JP raises the charge.

Hahahaha thanks man, I try to help where I can.

My original advice stands. Take it to trial. If the cop shows up, pay. If not, then you are free.

everyone’s got great advice for the guy, but i m still confused as to why your stressing over a 50$ ticket, its a minor charge with no points so you insurance company won’t no about it, i have 2 charges liek that, and the insurance company has never raised the insurance. Just pay it.

how would insurance not know about it? Isnt a conviction a conviction? They get notified and up goes the insurance? The reason i am stressing is because if they find out which they probably will my insurance goes up $1000 a year. How old are you and how didn’t insurance find out? How much over were your tickets? help would be appreciated

ontario insurance companies dont care if you have a 10km/h ticket they have 2 areas for tickets
149km/h and below
150km/h and above

if i get convicted im just as screwed as somone with a 149km/h ticket. That is the reason why i have to fight this ticket. I am not letting my insurance go up like crazy so i asked for some help

has anyone here ever got their ticket lowered to a non-moving violation which in turn will not affect insurance?

Try these guys:

http://www.legalaction.ca/traffic_tickets.html

I’ve never used them, but the site says if they don’t completely get rid of your ticket, and not reduce it, you get a full refund.

Worth a shot?

Yup…then if he doesn’t show, no insurance increase.

yeah thanks guys for all your help i will try that service

Fight the damn ticket! How did the cop do him a favour? How is that a gift? Speeding tickets are greedy cash grab anyway, that’s like if someone pulls a gun on you and tries to rob you, but he settles for just the contents of your wallet and your watch, and not your clothes and shoes too. Is that doing you a favour? He still ROBBED you! And NEVER EVER EVER pay any ticket, fight it till the bitter end. They purposely set arbitrarily low speed limits not because they’re even remotely concerned with safety, but simply to make revenue.
Even if you lose, you’ll make them work for it, and that’s an accomplishment in itself.

If you can’t afford the ticket, just take off, cops won’t go after you at like 250kmh. Get a hide-away license plate and your gold.

hm… i got 6 tickets on my record… 4 are soeeding (10 over, 15, 15 and 21) and 2 is some bs tickets… I NEED INSURANCE!!! the lowest what i fount is $570…
send pm if u know what to do… thnx a lot

:lol:

nice noted for next time. I made an appointment with the prosecution i will see how that goes.

Honestly, the cops won’t chase you if you go over liek 180-200, it’s not like in the States where they have like 20 cars chasing you and they have helicopters and all that shit, in Canada they won’t do shit! The guys who are boostin’ have enough power to lose the cops until like 200 and afte rtaht they’ll just go back to the sign they were hiding behind and catch some guy in a Pinto.

The majority of the drivers in the gumball 3000 have out of country licences, so they are only issued a fine, or it dosent even count all together depending on country.

So if you speed, speed out of town/country? How fast can those interceptors go? And has anyone passed a cop at 180-200 and not had them chase you?

The 2006 Crown Vic Interceptor has a 4.6l 250hp V8. The thing weighs over 4000lbs. Anyone with a turbo here has at least 250-300hp (at crank) and the cars weigh under 3000lbs. lol They don’t have a chance.

Don’t you guys remember what happened when Sasha ran from the cops?

He ran? Damn, he’s my hero!!

Yeah, he got away :noes: