Just got a ticket F*ck, help me out fight it...

I just got a ticket… its like 11pm… i was going home i just bought s14 seats for 200$… all tired… whatever… I come to the turn where i turn to go home (like 200meters one more turn and im home)… and red light happens… i slow down… but i turn into the right turn…

Next thing I know blinking lights behind me… out of no where… there was practically no body on the road…

I got a ticket saying “red light - fail to stop” contrary to highway traffic act 144 (18 ).

What the hell do I do. It says 150$ fine, and total payable 175$…

I’ve never gotten a ticket before… im also broke… the 200$ was a gift to get the seats im not even joking… im looking for jobs and whatnot…

Does this affect insurance? I am insured under my mother’s name… I don’t want to let my father or mother know this… I am also married now lol… I just told my wife and she’s like I’m sorry baby… and advised me but now what…

I can’t even afford the 150-175… and… i dont know…

help me out plz…

i dont know how to even book a court date or anything, this is my first and hopefully last damn ticket… argh…

follow the directions on the back of the yellow copy, checking the box for the “option 3” and let the rest work itself out.

Unless it says you have to go directly to the court house to plead innocent like they do in Cambridge.

get a ticket fighter. This ticket will affect your insurance. Im pretty sure you can get out of this one. someone i know got out of a careless driving/wreckless not sure and he hit like 3 cars after speeding excessively and making a turn. make sure you fight it it takes a while for the court date so just find a way to save some money till then.

just goto court go not guilty theyll give u a date for like 3 months later . then ull go back2 court and jus talk 2 the nagotiator and theyll work something out u usualy end up paying like 40 bucks and may not loose a point.

Just fight it. If you’re scared to do that., you can sell the seats and pay off the ticket? But I wouldn’t suggest selling the seats.

Do this or take it right to the judge. If the cop was not with a partner at the time you had the ticket, you have more chances.

he checked off no witnesses and he was in fact alone, and there was like zombies around (in other words no body on the road).

yea, i think you might get a point but definatly choose option 3 on the back its your best bet

yeah fight it alone… you don’t have anything to worry about… if worse comes to worse, and they charge you with the same thing, tell them that you can’t afford to pay the fine and plea with them. I did that for a plate ticket and they dropped the fine from $115 to under $50. he asked me how much time I needed to pay it and I asked if 4 months would be ok… he said sure, I’ll give you 6 if you want it… I walked out and payed it on my way out with my VISA haha.

1)check the trial option on the back of the ticket. ( it says u have 15 days , but u get another 15 days … so within a month u need to do this)

1. go the the courthouse… the adress is on the back of the ticket.

2. go to the receptionist , u will get a form to fill , wait in line … go upto counter . tell her u want a trial .

3. they will mail u a Court date in the mail … ( usually 6- 8 months , couple of ppl i know got a court date a yr later , some others are still waiting for a letter)

post back when u get a courtdate.

shit… i dont want my father and mother to know… that means they will mail it to me not let me know… hmm. It’s ridiculous, I slowed down, and saw absolutely no body, zombie zone, and went right and then slowed down again and was going to do a left (no lijghts or anything) i was basically home. And he wrote on the ticket wrong street (which would imply i was going left not right – same street per say but left has a different name, right has a different name…)

it’s a moving violation, it will affect your insurance
I suggest what others have said, file for a court appearance. It will save you money

theres a chance he wont even registure it that happedn to 3 ou tof 15 of my tickets. lol. and when u do go to court house to get a date it takes 6-8 months to get it and then by the tiem u get the letter it could tell u ur court date is the next day or four months later it really depends tho bro. good luck. im in the same boat as you my parents dont know of any of the 15 tickets that i got lol. only the parkin tickets.

lol damn, well im on it… i also saw that the section and subsectoin he mentioned is 144 (8 ) which is about yielding to traffic and there was no traffic and its legal to turn right and there was no do not turn right sign so regardless thats what i can argue for. The section 144 (18 ) which I read is about red lights… on the ticket he wrote red light failed to stop though, so its like even wrong subsection and, there ws no body to yield to no one in sight left, in front, behind me, blind spot, on sidewalk across street or aside of me or anything like that. Likewise on the ticket he wrote the wrong street name, he wrote the street to the left not the street to the right, and i was going right, he was to the left far off, when i turned right he accelerated after me from the distance with his lights. Therefore I believe I have a chance because this even shocked me actually, I was shocked that I got pulled over when there was no body to stop for etc… and it had no do no turn right sign

Edit:

shizzle… i just read the ticket again (was late last night) i saw he did write section 144 (18 ) not (8 ). 8 is about yielding, 18 is about stopping at red light.

However still, i was turning right… i dont know… damn it… i think im gona call one of those lawyer excop ppl :frowning:

well, you have to stop at a red light even if you are turning right and noone is around. I don’t think you will win if you try and argue that. It is like going straight through a red light just because there is absolutely noone around.

we shoudl do a group buy on one really good xcopper lol

do they take retainers?

Where did it happen? Toronto? Just show up the day of your court case and expect the cop not to show up. Presto! your ticket is dropped. Metro Cops almost never show up for minor traffic offenses…on the remopte chance he shows you’ll at least get the ticket reduced with a decent explanation.

If you get a ticket fighter ie. ex copper you’ll certainly get the ticket dropped and never have to lift a finger since they do all the work for you…the only downside is they’ll charge you slightly more than the price of the fine. I’ve used them before and for me it’s worth it to keep the points off my insurance record.

Good luck. If you take it to court all correspondance will go through your driver’s licence adress…so yes, your parents will find out eventually. Just suck it up dude.

if you really dont want ur parnts to find out get xcopper done deal.

yea i went to this group of excops at http://www.ontariotraffictickets.com/

I explained the situation, scanned in the ticket, etc… and now just have to sign the contract… its 375$ total… but if it can keep the demerit points 0 and ticket dead… the merrier. I need this ticket assassinated.

I’m going to however spend time studying the traffic act sections… lots of reading time…