tdibuddyMPGs thread of awesome.

Yo what you guys getting for mileage with the coors-light type shit they’re passing off as winter diesel?!!??!

First tank I pulled 40.313 mpg hand calc’d which was 619 miles. I am vented.

Dunno what I really should be getting, and on tdiclub everyone has different climates then here. Sooo what ya getting? What mods did you do to help out?

I’m missing my undertrays, and 99% of that last tank i wasn’t straight piped, so ill see if that helps. Also replacing air filter and checking snow screen tonight. Anyone notice if running a different brand of fuel is better / worse? I currently fill up at the Cumby’s in rotterdam and I believe they are serving a main course of GULF fuel.

Fuckin 40MPG. Bastard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Shady195/ONLY-40MPGS.jpg

That’s a lot more MPG’s than PJB’s F-150.

yea but i still need moar MPGs.

Buy a Volt.

Summon the TDI emperor to assist you with advice. Or TDI planet can unite.

I wish my M got 30…I’d be in heaven then.

It’s too bad with high mpg vw tdi’s, you have to pay the ultimate price, looking like a chodefag.

:rofl

Where’s tdi_gandhi when you need him

burst out laughing.

I only managed to use up ~12 gallons so far. I am still learning and reading, reading and learning. So far, it’s 100% OEM car, 0 changes to it. I only did an oil change just to make sure I know when the oil was done. I need to look into the intake pipes and check the sensor in there and check the filter and such. I got my fuel from hess right near me. I haven’t tried the B5 yet, but I’d like to check that out for winter and was thinking about using B50 for summer. I still plan to straightpipe it as soon as I can. I was reading on tdiclub and people were saying that without software it’s unlikely you’d be seeing improvements in MPGs that are drastic or any at all. I am still reading and picking out software to run and nozzles. Kerma is looking pretty good so far.

19.1MPG…oh wait…

lol I get 10 in my truck. I wonder why I drive it every time I fill it up.

Drive a TDI, we need the gasoline you’re not using.

a million mpg.

cars don’t run. what now.

Air filter doesn’t help your mileage Wayne.

But good thread as long as other owners chime in.

wouldnt it be 0, technically? 0 miles traveled, 0 gallons used? so its only whatever gas is in the car at 0 miles. wait…how would one even count that?

i lose 3-5mpgs in the winter due to the shitty blend of fuel and cold weather. i almost always run hess or quick check fuel unless i am in need and cant find one of the two.

Haven’t done a full tank yet but fwiw, did 390 miles for 25$ worth of fuel at 3.55/gal which ends up being 55mpg highway.

My old man averages 47-49 city 58+ highway. Best ever for him was 65mpg, cruise set at 72. No lie

P/o of my car has been netting 52-54 highway is what he said

Wayne where are you shifting it? Got a boost gauge? I try to keep it less then 10psi and shift lower than 2k if possible