TDI BROS in here now!

I see people talking about 45+ MPG’s in their TDI’s all the time yet when I read magazine reviews and EPA estimates it seems many of them are getting 40MPG or less. I know we have a few TDI owners around these parts so what is your real world MPG’s? I really need a vehicle that will get 40+, preferably 45+ on the highway.

Older ones get better MPG

with my tiny 205-45-17s, big nozzles, bigger 11mm pump and a max’d out tune i am averaging 40-41… also note i drive it hard. no hypermiling and short shifting all over.

my best tank as it is was 46mpg average. TDI’s old man gets in the 50s with his. just has a rocket chip stage 2, and a muffler delete.

I do 500 miles in a day often and I basically hop on the highway, get up to 70, and set the cruise. My maxima needs $65-$70 worth of gas to do a 500 mile trip under those conditions. So if I could get a TDI that did 45+ I could significantly cut those costs down.

My last one (Murdoggs car) got 48-52MPG consistantly!!

I have another one I’m driving now that I will get rid of if you’re seriously interested. PM me to chat.

if you want a new one, let me know. those i can hook you up with

What kinda hook ups we talkin brew??

$1,000 off a new one… or a have a 2011 tdi with nav car with 3500 miles on it for a great deal

My tdi gets 18 city and 25 highway. Must be doing somthing wrong.

Meh

New TDI’s don’t get as good MPG as the MKIV’s. (I’m assuming it has to do with clean diesels and emissions).

My TDI gets 48mpg with a lot of that is city. 52+ mpg for a highway trip. Don’t buy auto, the MPG are like 5-7 less and the tranny is junk. Stick only.

My car is bone stock as far as mods go though, so not sure if that changes things.

These things are starting to sound more and more worth it.

my buddy has an 09 tdi with 32k on it and doing 70-72 on the thruway he gets 49.8.Just showed me a pic to show off .

Yea, well those calculators are bogus on the dash. Not hating on the car either, I really like the new Jetta TDI’s. Just doesn’t make sense to sell mine as all the maintenance is done for the next 100kmi. Saves me a BOAT load of money.

Other problem is MKIV TDI’s aren’t exactly cheap if you want one that clean. Peeps know what they’re worth and they sell fast.

My friend pulls 50ish with his Mk4. Stock aside fom a muffler delete/side exit straight pipe. He doesnt beat on it though.

Probably wont get the same mileage with the new nozzles he just put in.

Also debated doing the straight pipe mod.

Some peeps in the V10 Touaregs are getting 30MPG + hwy. It’s not 40-50 MPG but you know the differences :wink:

Calculator is not bogus… We did it by pen and paper and the calculator was dead on.

LAst trip with my moms 2010 netted 48mpg to the city and back

My tdi wagon got 48.9mpg 70% city 30% highway and it’s hopped up pretty good with a tuner and injectors

the tuners and nozzles really don’t effect MPGs on these things much if at all.

I think Id want a slightly newer one. 2005+. But at the same time I dont think id want to spend over 12k. This is pretty much exactly what Id be looking for.

http://albany.craigslist.org/ctd/2492651313.html