TDI BROS in here now!

you should probably just buy my mk4 and save yourself some $$$$$$$ those newer motors eat cams all the time.

Get a motorcycle grower

If it’s spec oil not really…

Stay 2000-2003 alh motors

buy a MKIV srs.

Nicks TDI is sweet though. [totally unrelated]

BULLSHIT. BEWs are known for a cam problem. Research it.

They are surprisingly quiet still after you do this. All you hear is turbo whistle.

The turbo whistle at idle is badass

+1

My 2010 TDI gets a solid 36mpg in the city and my best highway only tank was 42.5mpg (~75mph and using the A/C the whole time). My car is lowered with sticky, wider, smaller diameter tires also which may not help. On top of that I guess they aren’t really broken in until 60k miles. Mine is at 14k.

I’ll chip it eventually and I’ve heard it can increase MPG’s a decent amount as long as you keep your foot out of it but with more then 300ftlbs that’d be tough, lol.

I track the mileage religiously now and you can see it here: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/amdisthebest/jetta

I want one of the MkV TDI Cup replica cars. There’s a black one I always see at Union Pizza.

They do look sweet but are a lot more money for a cooler front bumper, plaid seats, some decals on the side and a very slightly lower then the normal TDI. Don’t get me wrong, they are sweet just not ~$5,000 more sweet when I can add aftermarket parts to make mine sweeter :slight_smile:

That black one is my buddy Jess. Def a nice car though.

Id really need to be getting 48mpg’s+ for it to be worth it in my eyes, I can always just steal my gf’s elantra and that gets 40-42mpg’s highway. Just about anything would be better than my maxima though, that only gets about 25 highway.

I killed three hookers by striking them with a stolen TDI.

Damn, didn’t know they were that much more expensive. Wonder how much cheaper it would be to just put the GLI body kit on a regular MKV TDI, and drop the rest of the money on adding more torques to the engine and making it handle well. They might not be too bad on the used car market in a few years, since I don’t really see myself buying a brand new car any time in the next 5 years (mostly not a money thing, mostly a not liking new cars thing).

I generally dislike jettas, unless they are diesel and/or MKV’s (which look sexy). I’d rock the shit out of a MKV, too bad from what I understand those have more of the pollution controls on them that can limit your fun.

Im thinking a MK4 TDI with GLI lip kit, wheels, dropped, and chip tune would make a pretty badass DD. Itd be pretty damn cheap to pull off too.

price of mkv jetta new ~$25K price 5 years old with 100k miles on it. $18k. used TDI’s hold way more value then a dumpy gas car… shove that up your tailpipe your toyota fags!

KBB on my car is more then I paid :slight_smile:

never a bad thing huh

HELP.

I’m having trouble getting the car into car. If i push down the clutch all the way and try to put the car into second the car will start moving forward.

anyone?