TDI BROS in here now!

fix your post so it makes sense. Getting the car into car?

Sorry for the typo… any normal person could put it together, must be a pedophile thing.

well clearly its a clutch/related component issue.

That’s what I’ve figured so far. I tried adjusting the shifter cables but im pretty sure i failed miserably at that since the gearing seems to have shifted to the right… not sure how its possible but it is what it is. So tomorrow will be a new day.

What im going to try and do first is adjust the shifter cables properly.

Next im going to bleed the slave/master cylinder and see what that does. Then go from there.

what brett said, check the salve/ master

What should I be looking for exactly? The fluid in the master cylinder is full and I didn’t see any leaks. Could the slave cylinder need to be adjusted?

shift cables are a cinch to adjust. if you dont know what youre doing dont mess with it. i could realign your cable/shifter in less than 5 minutes. its very very easy

the master isnt like a honda. its non adjustable… bleed the clutch, its worth a shot.

Wayne sent me a video on how to adjust it… the steps were very simple but somehow I managed to do something wrong. I just don’t have the time to mess with it tonight.

How would I know if the slave cylinder was bad?

its 2 bolts holding it in the trans. 13mm. remove them and see if its leaking. they are plastic body, with a piston/green dustboot over it. if it leaks, its bad.

Alright thanks.

im assuming you have the problem with all gears and not just 2nd, correct?

When I was driving today it was all the gears… some are worse than others in different situations though. 3rd and 4th seemed to be the best.

ill give you 100$ for the car.

Il have to decline.

fine, 150.

nahh

clearly its a pile of junk and needs thousands of dollars in repairs.

something like that

if you pump the clutch acouple times then put it in gear does it still do the same thing?

I tried that and it seemed to be hit or miss.