The 6-speed 9C1 has arrived

Hello, just found out about the forum tonight thanks to Mike (scoob8000) and thought I would show off my car as well. Of the adjectives commonly used to describe it, sharp, stunning, clean and such are not in the list. :moon: is more like it :tounge:

It is primarily a fun platform to autocross and do track days at BeaveRun with. As mentioned in another thread, it’s initiation was this past Sunday at North Park, shown here:
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/IMG_5349.jpg

It’s a Texas cop car (hence the 9C1 designation) that has had a T56 swap, 4.10:1 gears and a handful of suspension mods done. In the coming year, I will be changing a lot on the car. Back in 1997, I owned a 1995 Impala SS that I was going crazy with and mostly built a stout 395" stroker. In no particular order: ran out of money, had a business go belly-up, got married, had a couple of kids and bought a house. Fortunately, I kept the engine through all that even though I sold the SS. Now it’s time to finish the engine project and get it in this car over the winter. :hsdance:

I will be trying to attend the remaining autocross events this year as long as the worn out borrowed tires don’t show cords. It’s my first time on-course in 6+ years, so I am more interested in getting seat time than worrying about who beats who. If you see me there, tell me you saw me here :smiley:

Here are the two videos my wife took Sunday:
3rd run
4th run

Damn, thats pretty car

Heh, you haven’t seen in up close in person. Pretty is another adjective that is banned from the approved list :tounge:

Thanks for the compliment.

Caprice with a 'special" package…great…

Welcome

As opposed to a FWD car with a “special” supercharger? Thanks, I sold mine 3 years ago:
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/DSC01082.jpg

Winter ride thats faster>u:slap:

Wanna try it?

:wtf:

Wanna try what? Racing in the winter? Racing with a car I can drive in the winter? Racing in a car that is the color of snow?

Don’t try to insult me :squint: I was driving faster cars than yours before you were conceived…

It’s nice how I come here to introduce myself and you start being all neighborhood bully. Thanks for making me feel welcome :rolleyes:

I never said in the snow jackass…how old are u? Not insulting u at all,just is ur.well.nevermind.:stick: U are a newb,so get used to it for a lil bit atleast jackass…anyway…i am sure u had NO mods done to ur GP so don;t talk. Welcome once again and ur still a jackass in my book till proven otherwise:doh:

hahahah… ownage!

Welcome Scott, I love seeing the old cop cars run at Beaver Run… Its a cool site seeing the boats flying down the back stretch!

Welcome to pittspeed, don’t sweat sleeper. He forgets to put his dick in before he zippers up. this makes him a little testy

Welcome! Nice ride.

haha you’ll have to excuse Devin…he’s has this weird disease that makes him sound like a badass…BUT of course he’s not!! He would probably pull over cryin (if you got behind him in that old cop car ) because you hit a bump and your light blinked and he thought he might get a ticket. POOR DEVIN :stick:

WELCOME TO THE SITE

HAHAHAHA…bitch:moon: Don,t listen to her,i’m just an asshole,u get to know me and eh…different story…ur still a jackass though!

Whitey…it still hurts when i pee…u still owe me those bills!

welcome

sweet car, pics of under hood and shit?
buddy of mine had one and always wanted to throw a 6speed on the lt1

Sweet ride, I’ve been thinking about a caprice 9C1 or an impala SS with a 6 speed swap and how badass that would be. Got any more pics?

And I wouldn’t worry about SleeperGTP, he’s a keyboard assassin with all the newbs, but he forgets the spell check, shit happens.

Welcome to the board.

spell check>Me:finger:

welcome. i saw it up there on sunday. my buddy was runnin in the black notch back. i noticed your car when it was drifting forward and the reverse lights were on… then it started a second later. figured it had to be a stick… then i saw the hurst sticker in the back…

sick car. welcome… devins gayness> anything on this site… even slowshelbys neon.

Let the B-body invasion begin… :eek3:

Thanks everyone, including SleeperGTP. It’s been a long time since I was called jackass by someone I hadn’t met, let alone 4 times in one sitting :blah:

Well I sure liked your buddy’s car. It had that unmistakable throttle response that always makes me smile. Seemed like a really nice guy when I talked to him.

One of these days I am going to get those two stupid badges off the deck lid, but I am afraid of the amount of paint they will take with them. It truly has a horrible paint job that chips and flakes around some new edge every time I hit it with water.

As for the multiple requests for pics, well, I am just not into getting it all photographed. Sorry. When I start making my own changes (especially with the the 395 installation) there will be a mountain of pictures to play with. The single underhood image I have is from the auction listing where I bought it:

welcome:beer: