The Daily Operation: '92 BMW 325i (E36)

More comedy, now the trunk refuses to open.

Great timing because I am supposed to return the battery and the steelie I used to get the car home- the battery is in the trunk and without access to it, I can’t get to the spare tire to replace the steelie with!

Could just be the linkage to the release mechanism, I’ll have to remove the rear seats and see…

try some brake fluid on a rag. if they still don’t clean up, wetsand with 1500 then buff. the straight brake fluid on the rag should make a huge difference though. its what a lot of us guys use. the plast-x takes too much elbow grease. just watch the brake fluid on your paint!

archie, get a hold of me and we’ll get that trunk open for you.

alright thanks man, i definitly need to clean mine up and it looks like ours turned out pretty nice.

great story man, actually car looks like a really solid project / daily. carpets look really good just need a good vacuum. did you pick it up on the cheap?

Hey man I’ll try and get to the shop Thursday if I can… See if I can’t take a look at these “five bus length required” brakes…

What’s up speedy Wayne… Thanks for the msg, the carpets cleaned up rather nice. I’ll post updates later. And to answer the other question, yes, the car was very reasonably priced.

arch,
lmk if you need me to take a look at anything on the car. i know just a tad about these cars, and i’m an unemployed mechanic. who woulda thought?!?

Why would you get anything at Advanced Auto and not contact me?

Jerk!

While its up in the air, check out your rear subframe mounts. There are 4 of them. Inspect the sheet metal around the mounts for cracks.

There’s also a zillion rubber bushings and other mounts in there that are worth checking. The front of the rear trailing arm is a common one to change.

So sensitive man… Haha

But seriously it was a Sunday… I needed parts by Monday, and there’s an Advanced 2 min from my apt. So what was I to do?

Next time I’ll give you a holler…

what he said.

the front control arms/ lcab’s are prone to failure by design, (webbed.) if the car wants to “step out” on you rear end first on the high way, you rtab’s are toast.

best places to source local QUALITY GERMAN parts are adirondack a.b., bap geon, anca’s, etc…

you should stay away from places like advance, autozone, etc for replacement/ maintenance stuff…

i always buy german made parts and there is a reason for it. best oem brands are lemforder, meyle, bosch, febi, etc.

Thanks for the tips. I will check this out.

Finally cleaned the car… Posted some new pics up on P-1.

i love reading your stories dude :rofl :rofl

keep us updated

archie you crack me up :rofl

Looks great. Now find me one :lol

UPDATE: The wiper gremlin has been solved!
Thread order edited to improve readability

“The 325 got that windex shine.”
-Q-Tip
:lol

rofl @ the wiper writeup. good read. i’m gonna email you my progress in my build so you can put a story behind it and post for me k?

Best build of thread of '09 so far.

Archie, you could could write about sitting and make entertaining :lmao

Bump for minor update.