My Bmw track/street project

well, i was gonna buy a vw originally, but my dad spotted a 1988 325i in a neighbors lawn (had sat there for 5 years). today we picked it up for $260 haha the only reason it doesnt run is because the gas is 5 years old, and smells like varnish (gotta get the fuel injectors cleaned, as well as the fuel lines and tank). i plan on just driving it for now, but im slowly gonna put money and time into it, and hopefully make that little inline-6 scream :slight_smile: my dad’s friend owns a few of the bmw’s, so i should be able to get some nice racing parts from him at a decent price. i’ll make a list of my official game plan in a few posts: (sorry for the MASSIVE pics! lol gotta work on that)

looks good for the price. member barneyfozzle is an expert in bmws

good shit bro, keep us posted, I am as well a bmw junkie.

define “track” for me

Dont let this guy ^^^^ drive it, srs.

i plan on attending many driving schools next summer (after i turn 18 in february). my dad has a friend in Avril Park that is an instructor for nasa and some other club driving schools, and he has 2 of these bmw’s himself (he’s a great guy! he’s probably one of the reasons i opted for a bmw after meeting him recently). he also has loads of spare parts, and im hoping i’d be able to get some good prices, driving tips and what not from him :slight_smile: i’ve also wanted to try drifting as well; it seems like lots of expensive fun, which is the only problem for a kid working at a carwash, barely making minimum wage hahaha

haha i dont let many people drive my vr4 either, this one will be the same way!

good luck man… nice pickup

hpde’s are way more expensive than drifting. just sayin’.

I’m sure the track guys know who you’re referring to, your instructor friend I mean. What’s his name?

Good plan, the more seat time no matter what kind it is the better. There is actually a decent amount of BMW knowledge on this board even if most of the people have no love for e30’s.

I could spend weeks watching E30s crash into walls and never get bored.

Benny I hate you…guess you don’t want that track time you worked for…

OH SHIT

signing up now

edit: done

$240 seems reasonable. Possibly a squeak on the edge of overpriced.

Bruce Kosakowski is the guys name! he’ll be instructing down at monticello (sp) this friday. he rocks a little white bmw similar to mine (can’t remember what exact model it is) but he does solo events/other stuff as well.

well im hoping that they step in right now, because i do not honestly know much about bmw’s, (mitsubishi/nissan are my stronger points), PLUS i need some inspiration for my car! haha anyone wanna point me towards some good bimmer forums? hopefully we’ll have it running sometime this month and start with a good suspension/wheel and tire set-up, brakes, then im thinking about some good seats/5 point harness? im not sure where would be the best place to start on this one

Ha, I’m actually driving Bruce’s 320 on friday since my car had a slight incident at Calabogie in July.

http://www.shift518.com/showthread.php?t=19135

For e30’s the best forum is R3vlimited.com once you figure out who isn’t full of shit, bimmerforums track section is good for just generic track info but most of them drive e36’s or e46’s. I can give you my opinion on the parts that I have used. Bruce is good to talk to as well but as I’m sure you know you will be there for 5 hours when you were looking for a 5 minute answer. What is your budget for the car?

Bruce :rofl!!

so you’re the guy driving his old car huh? small world! haha i wanted to see it when my dad and i stopped by his house the other weekend, but he said he let a friend borrow it b/c he wrecked his. and your car (before wreck) looks like it was very clean!!! i need new tail lights actually, since one of mine is cracked. where could i get a set like yours? and those wheels… :excited lol

and you mean this in a _____ kind of way? lol he’s a nice guy, would NOT stop talking though when we met him hahaha he was gonna check out my dad’s camaro for the track day at monticello (my dad hasnt been out with this club before, so he wanted to make sure his car would pass inspection). i dont have school on friday, so i think im gonna stop by, in case anyone else is there!

Please don’t get lights like mine, the JDM look doesn’t fit the euro car, if they weren’t on the car when I bought it I certainly wouldn’t have got them. I’ve got 3 sets of wheels for that car; the ones that were on it when I wrecked were Tire Rack TR Motorsports C1’s (or something like that) 15x8 direct fitment about 14.5lbs each, then two sets of 15x7’s, D-Force LTW5’s(13lbs) and Team Dynamics Pro-race 1.2’s (15lbs). You should definitely head down to Monticello if you don’t have anything else going on. If you aren’t planning on riding down with your dad or getting there between 7-8am you are going to need to send DJ (d510@nycap.rr.com) an email with your name so he can put you on the guest list.

There are a few of us from Shift that will be there (myself, JClark, Cossey, etc.). I’ll be working pit lane when I’m not driving and will be parked by pit-out.

I’m sure Benny means :rofl in a good way, everybody likes Bruce.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

yeah im NOT meeting up with everyone and my dad at 5am or whatever haha my dad’s friend is gonna bring me (or i might drive… idk yet), but i’ll inform my dad about this guest list! i should be taking pictures and whatnot for him while im there. it’d be cool to meet some people from here! no one at my school is really into cars like i am (big stupid red necks and their trucks mostly at ICC) lol

anyways, yeah i like those wheels, and i could probably afford them too! lol and i think the tails look cool, but probably more “optional” at the moment anyways! i just wanna get it running and drive it a bit before i seriously get into mods and whatnot

haha im gonna be careful of what i say from now on… its a smaller world than i thought apparently