My Bmw track/street project

I’ll be at Monticello in the silver Subaru Legacy. I believe JClark will also be driving my car in the instructor run group, unfortunately.

Feel free to stop if you see me and say hello. If it looks like I’m moving faster than normal for a fat person, I may actually be busy so I’m sorry in advance if I kinda brush you off.

haha its cool! i’ll be the kid in some high tops and jeans most likely with my nikon. seriously my school sucks! you’d think more kids would be into cars :confused:

Can I drive your BMWs? I really want one, but I am attached to a civic and a z

so the car runs on a spray of starter fluid, but we (my dad and i, a lot of my posts will probably say “we” lol) flushed the gas tank out (nasty/rusty gas, smelled horrible), and the fuel pump isn’t working… but it turned over with ease! i can’t wait to start driving it around! oh and im hoping to meet anyone going to monticello tomorrow, i’ll have my new camera with me snapping some pictures for my dad and anyone else as well.

havent been on in a while! i was sick with strep for monticello, and i’ve been busy with school/soccer/college apps and whatnot (oh, and my team is #1 in the state, lets go ICC!!!)… but i was lucky enough to get a ride around lime rock with bruce in his bimmer yesterday! sooo much fun; i wanna get mine ready to go! bruce can create some serious g-forces with that thing!! haha anyways, my dad and i dropped the gas tank, and found some rusty fuel lines (oh yeah the fuel pump/EVERYTHING was rusty, so we got a new tank and pump, and hopefully we’ll get her running this weekend).

looks like a cool project. Is that a 91 or 92 Z28 in the back room there?

87 iroc z, and thanks! can’t wait to even get it running let alone any cool parts haha

^the iroc looked good going down the front straight at Lime Rock saturday

You can say that again! I had a Ball with Bruce over the summer, his car is def set-up very well and was a ton of fun.

Somebody change the rear wing? Those only came on the 91 and 92 Zs. If you need parts for it let me know I have a boat load of 3rd gen stuff.

yeah my dad put that wing on because it was a little taller than the stock one (wanted more downforce without some “ricey” looking wing haha)

im still amazed at how much faith he can put into that thing! looking at my bmw (as it sits now) i’d be afraid to push it that hard

my dad said thanks. and i would have said hey if i knew who you were haha were you in the older white bimmer there? (assuming thats bruce’s old car?)

no worries, I was either working in pit lane or driving all day so I didn’t exactly have any free time

Sorry it’s been so long, but I found a sweet forum app for my iPhone in band haha my dad helped me drop the rear end and fully restore it. We got new tires and re painted the crappy bottlecaps. I’ll find a better picture of the rear end now

Here’s the kind of work we do best! And one of the pictures hints to my dads sweet idea for next summer (2012). 6g72tt swap from a vr4 and keep it rwd! The only thong we aren’t sure about is if it’ll be too wide. But these motors are dirt cheap compared to a friggin 2jz

did you paint the rotors?

Some companies manufacture black rotors which are actually very cool, especially when it goes with the car.

I’m presuming he went with those.

lol weird

that was my dad’s doing haha i sand blasted them… he thinks that once we wear through the paint, the just the edges of the rotors will be covered = less rust?

I’ve seen it done, no big deal

thats how UUC sells their designer rotors…I would use some old pads to rub the paint off with and then switch to whatever pads you plan on using.