If you have $1600 to Spare, Do This

http://monticellomotorclub.com/hpde/

You get to run laps in a CTS-V sedan at Monticello’s new sick ass track. Looks super fun. Kinda pricey though

Monticello’s track sucks (IMO). Save yourself a boatload of money and use your own car at a track like Watkins Glen, where at least if you do crash you’ll be safe.

Those cocksuckers say that clubs can no longer rent the track to sell seats yet they have no problems doing it themselves, this shit will never be exclusive to their members so they might as well accept it and run it like every other track.

I would love to go to road courses and learn some things.

Aug 19th

Oct 22nd

Pretty sure they shut down the drift events too :frowning:

good so now you guys can hate them too, they keep playing games to bring more members in; SCDA invite only event, NASA “instructor training”, etc.

eventually they will run out of BS and have to bring cash paying clubs in, I just want a close alternative to Lime Rock

I don’t know much about open tracking, but I thought Monticello looked pretty nice? Just curious why do you think it sucks (say vs Watkins Glen)? The actual track or the people who run it? I know that was one of the places I was looking to take my bike if I ever find the time/money to get out there.

Go to NJMP or Mid-O on your bike Sarge.

You comin?

my buddy storm goes there pretty often through his work (OCC)

If were talking about next year, then 100% yes.

That’s what I said last year :lol

LOL srsly though we should plan a trip to NJMP next year. Get some full leathers!

To me, the track lacked a good flow. There were a couple technical sections, but they just didn’t have the flow like some other tracks. The people who run the place are absolute d-bags, as Jeff has stated already in this thread. Also, I would never run a motorcycle there due to how unsafe it is. NJMP is A LOT more motorcycle friendly, and although farther away it’s a bit better of a track (both Lightning and Thunderbolt). I didn’t know they allowed bikes to run there honestly. LRP and WGI doesn’t allow bikes either AFAIK.

Interesting, thanks for the feedback. Yea I know WGI and LRP don’t allow bikes.

I have never been to WGI but even if they allowed bikes at LRP I would never want to ride there, other then big bend there aren’t any areas for runoff for a bike unless they have changed things around in the last 2 years that is.

Nope, both LRP and WGI have little run off (still). NJMP has huge run off in places where you’d need it.

Yeah NJMP is where I really wanna go, how is it as far as elevation changes? Because thats HUGE selling point for me, I love turns but a constant flat surface won’t be worth it to me.

Eh, on both tracks there were only two or so turns that had varying elevation. Turn one on both, turns 2 or 3 I believe on T-bolt, and then turn 5/6 on Lightning.