Project: Uber Car (Part Deuce) and maybe Project: Turbo 325i

So as most of you know I’m the one with the BMW 318is/ M3 with 318 chassis swap <— to put it simply. She’s going away for the winter months and Im not just gonna let her be. Soooo since the end of last winter my friend Chris and I ripped apart a fully working 318is I wanna do something big to it this winter Money is a concern so I wont be able to do anything too expensive but Im thinking of fabricating a rollcage from prebent and cut tubing or having a pro shop do it. Maybe start working with carbon fiber and make the interior look more like a street driven race car and not just a track rat with the insides ripped out (and Ill maybe move along to structural things such as hoods, fenders, and roofs later). If I can figure out a way to make a side exhaust that’s legal for my car, which would include having it run through the cabin, I may want to try it but would like to figure out how much back pressure is needed to have the engine running smoothly and would like to measure the back pressure of the exhaust when its done to meet those specs.

I also have an '89 BMW 325i (e30) which I was thinking bout turboing and practicing building a turbo system for. Since it has 260,000 miles Im not too worried bout the engine and the turbo my friend Chris has is a T3/T4 turbo, HKS blowoff valve, and some other goodies. I dont know a whole lot bout turbo’s so this project is gonna take some reading up on to get it to work right and efficiently.

I know some kids up in B-spa that run some sick BMW’s you should check him out on a rebuild. He has dynoed at synapse over 400hp. He built it up from the ground up. Hit me back if you want to know more.

This is quite the beast, I can vouch for it, I can also look out of my window and take pics of it since somebody is a little lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re going to do your own carbon work on the interior? Hopefully you’re not just going to use carbon tape.

haha, no. No carbon tape. And some pics would be great!! haha

Would you happen to know if its, turbo, s/c, or N/a by any chance??

i’m thinking you’re talking about nick?

avus blue e36 m3

with a 35r…

i don’t think he’s dynoed over 400whp yet though…

oh and kosta, in order to do a side exit like you said you’ll have to cut the floor pan, and to do that you’d have to invest in a pretty serious cage (like $5k+), but you’d be fine when it comes to backpressure with just throwing a resonator or two in the mix…or god forbid a cat :rofl

is the m318 away for the winter already?

I don’t think he has the heart to put it away yet, saw him driving it last night, waved to him and I just got a wierd look back, and then I realised that I’m not in my car so he didn’t recognize me

Kosta, what the hell do you keep on the top of it in the parking lot anyway?

Lets get some pics done, I’ll get the camera out before you have to put it away, it’s not like you live far lol

why put it away when you have the pleasure of getting pulled over and getting tickets all the time? ::slight_smile:

i think ive seen you at the lot and if it is you have a nice car…i think you raced joey when he first got his k20 out

i’m probably gonna go side exit on my e36, just because its not a daily driver. i’m not going to mod the floor/ skirt either. yeah, the exhaust will be madd low, but i’m planning on using oem style flanges, so i can just slap a regular catback on there if it doesn’t work out. i’m running the supersprint trackpipe on there, so there is a decent sized resonator. probably as close to quiet as its going to get with such a short run of piping.

:highjack, make your own punk :ninja

ooops sorry… didn’t mean to hi-jack. :wow

The 325 is not turbo still, get on it!

I don’t think Costa comes on here anymore :motherland