The new track car *Updated 7/5 w/ new pic*

Well, I’ve decided to retire the LGT from track duty as I feel it’s almost holding me back from becoming a better driver, as the AWD will help cover up some mistakes, especially on some corner exits. I wanted something that is more common as a track car as there are a ton of ideas for setups and such. For the LGT, I’ve never seen one at a track before when I was there. There’s a few on the LGT forums, but all out west. And they can be douchey. I know some BMW guys can be as well, but none that I’ve met really. Except for Jeff K.

There’s lots of suspension mods planned, so I’ll only name a few things:
Moton Motorsport double adjustable coilovers
Hyperco springs
Ground Control adjustable race mounts
Powerflex bushings just about everywhere they make them for
Hotchkis sway bars

For the engine, I’d like to keep it close to stock as once I progress enough, I will be racing the car and don’t want my classing to be effed.
Bimmerworld race exhaust
Some headers, and an intake.

Interior for now:
4pt roll bar
Schroth harnesses
Rogue short shift kit

Cooling:
Aluminum radiator
Oil cooler, along with other oil cooling mods

Wheels:
I have a set of 19" ZCP replicas for a street wheel
Still trying to find a lightweight track wheel, going 18x9.5 +35mm on all four corners.

That’s about it for now.

I’m flying down to pick the car up Saturday morning, then driving it to Bimmerworld in Dublin, VA for them to work their magic on the car. I’ll be picking it up from them at some point over winter, or just leaving it near J. Clark’s place so I can just fly down and do some events at VIR when there’s still snow up here.

I’m the third owner of the car, with the guy I’m buying it from being in his 60’s, and the previous owner being a surgeon. It has most of the important maintenance records that I needed (rod bearing recall), and Autocheck gave it an 89, with other e46 M3’s usually falling in the 82-90 range, higher being better. It has 98k on it, but that doesn’t phase me considering the price I got it for.

I was up til about 5:30am one night last week doing a project for school, and during a little break I went browsing on eBay and found the car, and bid on it. I remembered I bid very low, thinking I’d be out bid in seconds. Nope. Tuesday I get an email from eBay saying the auction is ending soon and I’m the high bidder. I was like “WTF? I didn’t bid on anything?” and then looked the car up again. Well, I ended up winning.

The car’s not exactly a color I wanted (Steel Grey Metallic), but I can live with it considering the price. Plus, I couldn’t back out of a contract. It has all of the options I wanted, and none that I didn’t (nav, cold weather) so it works out good.

Here’s pictures of an M3 in the color I got it in, I’ll have my own pics up once I pick the car up Saturday.
http://www.m3forum.net/gallery/data/2/7193car.jpg

Same color on the ZCP reps that I have now:

awesome color and the wheels look sick!

Great choice on car.

Love it. I really like the color though. Can’t wait to see it after it’s all track ready.

Damn you! Sick ride Cossey

m3’s goin cheap? not trying to sound dickish but i have just seen them popping up alot. car is sweet and love the color

Most are going for $18-22k depending on year/mileage. A low mileage 04-06 will prolly still be in low $30’s or high 20’s. I paid much less luckily.

Ebay, and M3. Making a comeback!

I love it. I want one.

nice dood

NICE PICKUP… LOVE THE COLOR

very nice, jelous

Yes!

Yeah do not mess with the S54. As long as it’s either one of the few that required lower end bearing updates and had it done, or one that fell outside that issue it’s a bullet proof motor.

Only thing I would consider if anything would be to put a wire-lock oil pump sprocket nut on the pump. I would talk to BW guys about doing it while it’s there.

Awesome buy Chris. Go race naow!

true story right there, especially the last part

dick

Nice pick up Cossey. I’m kind of sad you didn’t stick with the subaru plan lol.

Need the best lightweight wheels for the money? Do this.
This is a squared setup. 19x10 +25 :lol They do make an 18x8.5 +35 though. The concave shape doesn’t start until you get to a 9 inch wide wheel.

Damn those CSL wheels are hot, I bet the guy you bought them from is awesome as hell.

List is growing eh?

Jeff - Feb VIR weekend - Do it.

thats assuming the car is completed by then, plus shakedown of the rebuilt car 700miles away = dumb idea

Get to work. Shake it down at home first. These are easy problems to solve.

the color is awesome and you know it…btw pink chrome wheels look very good against it.

good pick up.

Nice car. Seems like shift is going M crazy

awesome color and wheels