DONE: BMW E36 M3 HPDE/IP race car

Posting this as a heads up right now.

Looking for something just a little under $20k

I plan on bringing the car from Albany out to Rochester next weekend. I am not extremely familiar with it, but once I get it out this way I will snap detailed pics and scan all receipts.

This is a $9k car with $20,000 in receipts for mods.

Turn key, ready to race.

95 M3 with a 96 3.2 swap / ODB-1 conversion.

Full custom “quality” cage designed in Solid Works by R247 Motorsports
Fire Supression
Both Nets
New Impact 6- point harness’s in 08 (car mostly built in 08)
Gutted interior, minus stock dash, all gauges work, still has heat (much ducting removed however)
Racetech 4009 Seat, Vac Plates
All the bushings, new end links, yada yada yada
Less than 500 miles on UUC Lightweight Flywheel/Clutch combo
New parts this summer include slave cyl, hubs, wheel bearings, basic maintenance stuff.
TC Kline suspension SA
Welded sunroof.
Tall UL style rear wing
AA Tune
Kosei’s, Hawk Pads still good, Tired NT-01’s, but a lil left
Removeable Sparco steering wheel /quick release welded
Oversize rearview mirror
Engine basically stock, still has A/C and stock air intake etc. Upgraded radiator and fan.

Another quick modlist here:
Replaced all of the following
LCABs
RTABs
Center Carrier Bearing
Delrin Diff Bushings
Front subframe with Reinforcements
Control Arms
Tie Rods
OEM Tranny Bushings (UUC TCE’s)
All Fluids have been Changed a few times by previous owner
Fully Rebuilt Driveshaft (serviceable U-joints)
Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushings (race)
previous owner did Hubs/Wheel bearings

S52 OBD-I (welded OPN)
AA-Tuning
SPAL Pusher fan
TCKline Single Adjust Coilovers
550/600 Spring Rates
Vorshlag Motorforce Camber Plates
VAC Motorsports Floormount
ZKW Ellipsoids W/ Prolumen HID’s installed now
New PPG Windshield
Sunroof is welded and sealed
A/C has a fresh recharge and blows cold, Heat blows hot.
New threaded starter

New harnesses and nets this spring.
New M5 clutch and aluminum flywheel 5 track days on them

and much much more. I’ll keep updating this thread with more and more info.

Hmmmm, this would be alot of fun on the track, I think Id rather go for a stock E46 though I dont need another toy, GLWS

thanks

NP It looks like a really awesome car for the track. Im sitting here staring at it thinking “fuck I wish I could justify the purchase” LOL The track is fun but a stockish M to DD is a better fit for me at this point, I hope someone on here picks it up :tup:

is it street legal still?

Thats very questionable. Previous owner did not have it registered for the street, but since it is a '95 the inspection is pretty much limited to headlights/taillights (which reminds me, it has the glass headlights)…

The full cage may be your biggest threat for failing inspection, not to say you couldn’t find someone who interprets the law in a way that allows it.

When I get it out here I will look it over closely to see if anything would fail it outright.

The cage was built by the same shop that did my Del Sol, except the M’s cage was designed and tested in SolidWorks first. This is my friends car with the same exact cage:

OMFG I want this soooo bad.

I’d so DD it too.

(except winter)

Dreaming or interested?

I love the car, but the timing is just not right for me.

Same for many other people. I am really going to wait until after the holidays and then push it on all the forums and possibly ebay. Hopefully better timing for some and for the locals time to make necessary arrangements if they seriously want it.

Is that jclarks white m3?

Mafdark I think I used to play hockey with you back in the day. like…wayyyy back. You def played with my brother Eric, I’m Paul.

Oh, and if that is indeed J’s car, I havn’t seen that kid since he first bought the thing back in HS! I’ll have to get in touch with him.

GLWS on the track car…fucking baller

get at me anytime.

damn, you have a terrible memory. Of course we played together.

Yes, the white car is Jclark’s. sick nasty huh? This black one was actually owned/built by a Z06 owner tired of being beat up by clark around the track. Built the black one to nearly identical specs as the white and they battled it out.

It’s been years, and fuck man I havn’t even been in CP in ages, you in the ROC now? Hows it been?

J’s car has always been nasty. Back in highschool when he first bought it, we all drove from albany to PA for a bimmerfest. good times. I’ve lost touch with him over the years and I havn’t seen the progress he has made on the car in quite some time. ahh the good 'ol days.

EDIT: and to remain slightly on topic, that black car is dirty. good luck with the sale man!

good luck man. market is tough. I couldnt even get 12g for my car.

lol what happened to the “i dont need a nice car right now”/“im going to be responsible with my money” spiel you had when you were selling your stealth???

Beautiful car!

This has got to be doozie on the tack

why would the cage fail it for inspection?

I have heard any metal above or in front of you head is illegal. Like I said, I dont know if it would fail it, but it might.

I know the owner and not a penny has been spared. Great guy and always does his research before buying parts

hours/mileage on the engine?