The new track car *Updated 7/5 w/ new pic*

are you done? talking that is.

Overall just a better driving experience. As said before, AWD covered up mistakes I’ve made, and even though I do realize that mistakes were made, the AWD prevented me from doing what a RWD car would’ve had me doing. I learn better by experiencing something then applying. If, for example, the AWD covers up poor throttle control in a turn, whereas a RWD would most likely have me spinning, I’d learn more from trying to prevent the spin rather than pretending there was nothing wrong.
At the end of the day, I wanted a better platform for a better experience from driving. I also experienced a surprising amount of lag with the LGT, so I wanted something all-motor as well. Remembering my G35, the car seemed to have torque everywhere throughout the rev-range. The LGT most certainly did/does not.

If you re-read, you’ll see I didn’t want nav.:
“It has all of the options I wanted, and none that I didn’t (nav, cold weather)”

Although I agree with this, a Toyota Camry can not allow me to use the excuse “I drive a BMW, therefore I am a douche.”

:lol

Its not a matter of liking a platform, its about improving as a driver. See below.

I know that was for Chris, but here are my unsolicited thoughts. AWD is “forgiving” because it covers up mistakes with easy throttle-on traction. So you can go bombing into a corner like an idiot and have a greater likelihood of keeping it on the pavement through no amount of driver skill, just car capability.

Because its forgiving, a street-setup AWD car makes you look like a hero because it doesn’t punish small dumb mistakes. To improve as a driver, Cossey bought the M3 to put himself in situations where he needs to rely on driver skill, not the car saving his ass and the driver never knowing he was in trouble.

Finding parts for the LGT was a PITA, I was using race contacts from all kinds of weird serieswith little success. The M3 iscommon and well documented as a track and race car meaning comparison data is easy.

Incorrect and way oversimplified. You can make any car or platform under or oversteer with a few knob turns and wrenches. Again, this was mostly driver related, not about which car or platform is ultimately faster.

i have an evo now making me an awd/rally/circuit expert guys.

Thank you for fixing my flustered mess of words lol.

just keep in mind Chris, none of this was intended as a personal attack i just wanted to stir the pot a little and get you to go deeper into the reasoning behind it.

EDIT- and i just plain dont like erngotti.

Oh I know bud, I just have had a long few days and barely any sleep so I’ve been flustered.

STOP YELLING!

douche :ninja

Is something like an RS4 still too forgiving(yes, i know its awd, but its more tail happy)?

:facepalm

why get an e46 m3 when you could get a Lexus LS…/Ilya post

M3 has been sold!!!

Picked up the much better M… the M45X!

:rofl

LIke the obvious isn’t obvious? LOL…u can make any car do what u want…if you have the skill and the means to buy adjustable everything.
…Cossey I still was wondering about the physical aspect. Unless you are just going to continue tracking with clubs and then it isn’t a problem.

There’s a new pic.

Installed:
Subframe/Shock Tower reinforcement
Powerflex RTAB
Powerflex rear subframe mount kit
carbon fiber brake ducts
Some brake cooling parts (important hose rubbed on stock tire, so need to reroute)
Stainless brake lines
Urethane tranny mounts
Rogue CNC’d short shifter
Bulletnose wheel studs
EVOsport pulley kit
Bimmerworld race exhaust
aFe Magnum intake
Bimmerworld oil cooler
Epic Motorsports software/tune
PFC Direct Drive 2pc rotors (f&r)
PFC 01 compound pads (f7r)
CSL rep wheels (street)