Things that suck v. Elise [Now with daytime pics]

page 2?

Quit your bitching! At least everyone gets free healthcare! :mamoru: I hear Canada just lowered the threshold for how badly you have to be bleeding to get to see a doctor the same day. :tup:

free healthcare is a vale.

it takes at least 3 hours to see a doctor in a hopsital.

i dont even bother going to see my physician at the localk clinic. back in highschool i had this dry skin around my eye. he prescribed for me some $90 creme. I use it for a couple weeks and go back and see him…

me - “doc, i been using this shit for 2 weeks and the dry skin keeps coming back”

doc - “you havent been using it every day have you?”

me - “um yeah? you didnt tell me not to”

doc - “if you use it more than 5 days in a row you could go blind”

yeah free health care is awesome.

part of free healthcare is that doctor salaries are capped, meaning that aspirational physicians have a peak salary and the only way they can increase at that point is to accept cash or gifts from pharmacuetical companies, i shouldny say its the only way, it happens in the US too, but it is a big problem here.

firstly, doctors do not want a capped salary so they turn to private practice, move to the US or are hired by say a sports team and get hundreds of thousands more than the government will pay them.

those that do have a non-private practice you will find doling out the newest hottest drug that Phizer / glaxo smith kleine / J&J etc. rolled out that week.

even the medical schools themselves in Canada and the US are funded by pharmacutical companies… but the doctors from abroad that actually learned how to heal people cant practice because who knows what kind of “voodoo” they taught the guy in India eh?

in other words, yeah if you break your arm you can get a cast for free or dont have to pay to deleiver a baby (i think and i hope…lol) but it doesnt extend across the whole health care spectrum and it doesnt mean that the healthcare is actually good.

i would rather pay health insurance and have a doctor that gives a shit rather than one that doesnt.

i would imagine that if you do have insurance in the US and your doctor knows that if he treats you like shit that he will lose future paying insurance claims that he will actually be at least slightly motivated to give a shit about your health.

maybe we should pay doctors based on how much we DONT need them?

:lol: I like it! Motivate them to fix us! They only get paid once per ailment. Every time we have to come back it’s free!