Thinking about this Performance Chip. Any advice is appreciated

What it says ^^^

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NISSAN-89-90-240SX-KA24E-91-97-KA24DE-ECU-ECM-FAST-CHIP_W0QQitemZ200183903066QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

looks and sounds like another chip that runs more fuel. making u run rich. It claims it also advances the timing. If it does, the chip will run ur car rich and advance the timing. The chips on the market do this unless u get something thats for a turbo car and its actually mapped out like jim wolf technologies. The only time a cheap chip like this is worth is. if u have a 1gen ford probe or mazda mx6 turbo. or any other old stock turbo motor and want to run more boost, u get one of these and it will run more fuel. we did it on my friends probe turbo and he ran a 14.6 compared to the 15.1 before

If ur looking for cheap performance on a KA like this advance the timing. it made a noticeable difference on my ka

So what your saying, is this will improve my performance? I do not have a turbo. Just looking for some extra power:D:D. Or are you saying just advance the timing? If so how would i go about advanceing the timing? I believe its just a matter of moving the distrubutor rotor.

Lastly is there anything from ebay which will cause my car to increas in performance?

SR20DET Engine :stuck_out_tongue:

im telling u all it could possibly do is advance ur timing, and make ur car run rich. If ur car runs rich it will not pass emissions, lots of black smoke from the exhaust, it will stink, and u will get shitty gas mileage. So DO NOT buy a chip for a KA

To advance the timing u should use a timing light. U can advance it 2-3 degrees. im not sure if ur kade or kae it makes a difference for the degree. iirc sohc is stock 15 and can be set up to 18 or 19. and dohc is 17 or 18 and and can be set to 20? correct me if im wrong. Someone on here will probably help u advance the timing if u want.

Without going turbo a naturally aspirated ka wont be fast, and its not worth dumping money on IMO.

a friend of mine put one on his '06 civic… it caught fire… funny and sad at the same time… its your risk though.

Best bet is roll your own.

If you have no idea what the chip is changing then prepare to be in a world of hurt.
‘Performance chips’ are the new ‘electric supercharger’

That chip has results but I wouldn’t pay $40 for it. Some people reported like 9hp. It is a tune that has been posted by a member of HybridKa.com. I think it has advance timing and tuned out so it doesn’t run pig rich. You have to run 91+ octane.

emance is pretty reputable for tuning a lot of nissans on nico and zilvia. heard they were pretty good. search it up on google and their site says something about one of the ex engineers of the KA VH VQ engines is part of it. i personally wouldnt mind to test it out. plus they can tune for your application.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=276133

All that chip is, is a prom, so it replaces the current program of the stock ecu. How agressive is the program of that chip? How much power are you going to get from it?? Will it last? Know one knows beside the person who designed that chip. Want to make power? Don’t waste you money on no name parts that you don’t know what your getting.