ka24e power adders

im gunna be running this engine till about june so i want to try to add a few hp before i get rid of it.
right now ive got a injen short ram, taylor sparks, and a full cat back.

anything else anyone can think of…
i searched but theres not a lot for ka-e

hi

a cam, header, underdrive pully and/or an ECU upgrade will give you decent
hp gains. but will cost you a bit o $$$. if you want cheap hp just spray the
car. a 50 shot of NOS will not cost too much. and when you are ready to get
rid of your engine in june, just sell the kit(if you want to). and if you blow the
motor between now and june, just get another one. KA-E’s are dirt cheap.
people have been known to give them away. just my .02.

peace

EDIT

CAUTION- NOS wil quickly f**k your engine if not done properly!

buy stuff you can use on both motors

3in exhaust but keep a cat on it to keep backpressure
msd ignition(cant use on sr)
wideband
short shifter
safc

or you can just get suspesion

tosh

yeah, ive seen what nos can do if not done properly. not looking to go that route, but thanks for the advice.

and where can i get headers for a ka-e?
ive been looking around but came up short.

hey jesse,
if i can use an msd ignition on the sr aswell, in theory could i just guy one for an sr and run it on the ka for now.
im not sure if there application specific.

i was looking at some the other day and noticed they had specific makes and what not.

KAs MSD usaully means a blaster coil.

SR’s use coilpacks man

you would have to switch to a distributor ignition for the sr.

is it worth it ordering a msd coil or would a can tire coil work just as well ?

For the last time people, backpressure does not add power.

Maintaining exhaust gas velocity aids in helping to evacuate exhaust, however this is done by decreasing the pipe diamter, not adding restrictions.

KAE?

Well, for cheap, advance the crap out of the dizzy and run good gas.

That’ll probably make the most difference out of anything.

There are headers floating around, but from everything I’ve heard, you’ll actually lose power by using them.

Beyond that, you’re going to be tearing into the motor for any other gains. Cam, P&P head, etc.

An MSD coil is no different than the ACCEL, or any other.

A coil is a coil is a coil is a coil. They all do the same thing, regardless of shape or design.

In fact, I’ve found the Blasters and Blaster2s to be about the least durable coils out there.

dizzy?

distributor

how do you advance the distributor on the ka-e, and i assume you run 94 octane than ?

sorry to hi jack the thread but…

is it even worth it in terms of extra cost in gas vs. gain of hp by advancing the timing?

no worries,

any discussion will be useful info.

An MSD coil is no different than the ACCEL, or any other.

then how come some ignition systems tell u not to use certain models of coils from certain makes as well as from their own line?? not makes just models, what woudld be the reason for that ???

my first S13 has some pretty nice jam for a single cam. I advanced the timing and ran 91 octane (94 when it was cheap) along with MSD coil, Accel wires and NGK plugs. I could actually chirp second with some authority and people told me it was one of the faster E’s they had been in.
Even bone stock with coil-overs the car was a blast to drive. Get coil-overs!

no it didnt man that thing didnt run right at all

it took 35minutes to rev up

no it didnt man that thing didnt run right at all

it took 35minutes to rev up[/quote]
you drove it and said it had balls for a single cam. remember the trip to shannonville when i was too hung over to drive? haha

you can take the clutch fan off put a electric one on and you can take the egr off not sure how much hp you will get from doin both of those hopefully at least 5 tho…