thoughts on wheel spacers

i’m gunna use a 1/4in spacer on my srt-4 on the front wheels. I know they are the drive wheels and i have seen many vehicles use spacers on drive wheels, just wondering what some of the opinions of you nyspeeders is.

I am quite aware as well as to the loss of hubcenntricity. I personnally will be shooting for 6 turns for my lug nuts.

get hubcentirc adapters.problem solved

Many people run spacers up to 20mm, hubcentric of course, it changes your moment arm a bit, but if a quality space there should be no major issues, granted your bearing life will decrease if you go huge. Many people even track using RE/H&R spacers. You will not looses your hubcenntricity if you get the right spacers.

i used 25mm spacers on my maxima…i used H&Rs they came with longer studs…i had no issues what so ever…H&Rs and Eibach are vehicle specific and are hubcentric… i auto-crossed and did a couple track days…never had bearing issues or lugs comming loose or needing to be retorqued

i put a set of h&r 15mm hubcentric spacers on my e30 today, they were super tight ie had to set them on the hub and torque them down with the lug bolts, then put the wheel over them, the install the wheel. they didnt move an inch, but i have yet to drive on em.

they came off of eviljay’s e30, and i drove it a bunch of times and the thing rode great. if you go with spacers be sure to get hubcentric ones.

I just grabbed cheap ones where the lug goes through the spacer, and hubbcentric would be tough to find since my wheels aren’t hubcenntric to this car to begin with. I would need a spacer with a different inner hub and outer hub, and something tells me it would be a tough find.

But what are your thoughts on non hubcenntric, bolt through spacers.

i would not cheap out on something that bolts to my wheels

he’s talking about slip on spacers, they will be 100% safe as long as you have enough thread engagement. I would get extended studs for anything over a 5 mm spacer

oh i was confused my bad

I wouldn’t be overly worried on a low Hp FWD car.
If it was like a 350+hp rwd I’d be worried.
They arent Legal at any sanctioned strips tho, atleast not on RWD cars.

yeah lets not worry about the drive wheels at all. sound like a brilliant plan. FWD or RWD it does not matter considering they both have 4 wheels and 4 wheels are necessary to him driving it.

i’ve used the h&r spacers before that come with the extended wheel studs. i wouldn’t just bolt a spacer on tho without the longer studs, and yes make SURE you get hubcentric

ya be sure to get longer studs or bolts if you’re going to run spacers.

I Said overly. READ
Wheel spacers aren’t a good idea But if someone was to run them.
On a low horsepower FWD car, its alot less likely to snap the studs off, compared to a higher horsepower rwd.

i really dont think it would matter, the horsepower as much as what kind of driving he plans to do.

thats a good point

There is no problem but you must use hubcentric ones. You can get hubcentric adapter rings if the rims hub holes are a bit bigger.

I put 300+ HP through 25mm spacers and 265/35/18 tires for over a year… drifting the shit out of them and burnouts and high speed cornering… never an issue…

provided you do it right and dont nig rig it

guess i’ll let you guys know how it goes with slip on spacers, i’ve never seen hubcentric slip on spacers, if anyone knows a company that sells slip on spacers that have different inner and outer hib sizes i’d be interested.

I have seen people use these spacers without a problem, and i’ve seen people use wheels without hubcentric rings, i just want to know if anyone has any scientific reasons not to use a setup like this.

I have 20 MM fronts, and 35 MM rears on the Esprit. Have had zero issues. To be precautionary though, I replaced all the wheels bearings when I installed the spacers.

anyone use slip on non-hubcentric before?