wheel spacers question

i picked up some wheel spacers for the back of my S13 they are 1/4 inch ones i put them on today and i can notice a bit of a differnce they look more flush . but my question is. will these spacers be safe when i am driving. does anyone else have spacers and how do you feel about them. im talking about 1/4 inch so its not to much…
thanks
Brent

are they bolt on spacers, or just metal rings with holes in them?
As long as you got the lugnut on enough and you tighten it down it should be ok. You may have to get longer studs so that you can put the lugnut on properly.
I’m guessing they arn’t hubcentric either eh?
More info on these spacers, pics would be good too.

1/4" = 6mm

1 inch = 24mm / 4 = 6

i think that is they way it goes.

6mm is pushing the boundaries of acceptable thread engagement for your wheels but you might be okay.

Yeah when I had 6mm spacers, to clear my Skyline caliper’s, using my stock rims there was’nt much thread to tighten on. I went to 21mm slim lug nuts and got a couple more threads but I did’nt like it to much.

Just did’nt feel safe to me.

It’s up to you if you feel comfortable or not.

Easy 8)

the spacers i have are the plates (rings) not the bolt on. my local performance shop will not sell the bolt on ones they say they are not safe or something .weird. they are not hub centric just for a general 4 bolt wheel i centered them perfect but still there is a fair amount of lug nut that is threaded on just dont know. dont want to loose a wheel driving to work or something…hopefully that helps.as long as they are torqed they should be ok. i dunno.
Brent