spacers safe or unsafe

hi, i’m planning to put on some 7-8mm spacers on the rear of my s13 and was wondering if it’s safe enough to do so w/o extended studs. I’d tried a test fit and i was only able to go through 3 full turns on the nut with the spacers on the hub as of 8 full turns w/o the spacer. Would that be safe enough for street purposes?

I would stick to 5mm max.

Is 7mm worth your life or others?

Three threads isn’t much.

Dude, don’t do it. It’s dangerous.

I’m with him… I dont like the idea even if its only 5mm.

Only other thing that comes to mind is IF you get spacers, get longer wheel studs.

yeah i was thinking of the same thing… Do you guys know anything about special lug nuts for spacers? Basically the nuts are thinner and can go into the spacers so that it can grab on to more threads.

question is, what do you gain by having that 7-8mm spacer in the back? do you have clearance issues with the coilovers? If so, get spacers with extended studs or get a rear multilink set and correct that negative camber so your tires don’t rub the coilover, or get wheels with better offsets (assuming the width stays the same).

If this is just for looks, forget it… it’s way too dangerous to run spacers on stock studs.

I shouldn’t assume but I think it’s mainly for looks?

it’s super easy to run extended studs. They are readily available in the knurl size for the rear hubs.

i run ARP extended studs in the rear and a 5mm plate spacer, no problems ever.

running even longer studs in the front with custom 20mm spacers (machined to perfectly fit the spindle hub and the wheel bore) and they are soooo trouble-free its incredible. No need to centre the wheel with the lugs… the spacer does it for me.

i would say it may not be safe if you cannot turn the lugnut at least 4 or 5 complete revolutions…

4 or 5? I don’t think that would be safe at all.
You should be catching ALOT more threads than that, I wouldn’t even consider 4 or 5 to be a safe minimum.

4 turns on a m12x1.25 bolt is just under 1/4" (0.246")

why worry about this?? like Bing said… installing longer studs is a JOKE !!!
and who cant afford them… save yourself the worries and install longer studs then run any size spacer you want…SIMPLE… Ive been running mine now for close to 4-5 yrs. 0000 problems