Opinions of bolt-on studs/spacers?

I need to run 10mm spacers on my car to fit my wheels and tires

I Can either get ARP Extended studs for 120$, and spacers for like 50$
or i can get ichiban Bolt on spacers for 180$

Positives of the bolt-ons for me would be quickness, and i can put them on another car if i sell mine. Mostly the quickness

These bolt on spacers use ARP Studs in them i think, and then have tapered nuts that go on your existing threads and it looks like the get about 5 threads

Any opinions would be appreciated

Unless it’s

“bolt on spacers are fuckin ricer, why dont u go stretch your tires too you fucking fggt”

i have bolt on spacers on the back of the roush but they are 25mm and there is more than 5 threads of contact

They seem to be working fine? (obv, you’re wheel hasnt blown off yet lol)
My center bore is 67mm, and these are 67.1mm , they’re not hub centric. Although i don’t know what that means really. Other than people saying they will destroy your wheel bearings if they arent hubcentric

hubcentric means the spacer fits snug on the hub. and your wheel fits snug on the spacer. so its a close fit. i would opt to get hub centric spacers if possible.

mine are indeed hubcentric and my wheel bearings are fine. but i would never track with the spacers on.

I’m going to need to run these all the time :frowning: whether im at the track or not
so extended studs would be the better choice?

I would just go with the longer studs. Less shit to go wrong. Why make it harder than it needs to be.

probably those are generally stronger than stock studs. i would just go that route

My general rule of thumb:

For 15mm or less, longer studs.
For more bolt ons.

you know my opinion hendel lol, i just feel to do it right and do the studs. but im not so sure youll ever drive or track your car to the point of worrying about it so i’d say bolt on

I track my car with bolt on spacers when doing drift events.

Just an fyi.

i believe it, just a personal preference

Ive always been against this shit, It shouldnt even be allowed on a track anywhere.

My .02 is, buy wheels that fit without mods. deffinatly dont use spacers or bolt on adapters.

Sorry but in order to run a 17x9 wheel and run 255s i need to run a spacer

i tracked my maxima with 20mm H&R spacers…they came with longer studs too…and they are hubcentric…i think they were like 90-100 bux a pair…and i never had any issues with bearings or vibrations at all…

H&R DRS series spacers include longer studs

Well, not if you buy wheels with the right offset… lol you never NEED spacers…

I vote studs.

Id go with studs too. And plenty of track cars use spacers. If the correct harware is used and they are torqued correctly, before every session, it shouldnt be an issue.

Dan

the only way to run a WhateverX9 wheel, you have to run a +27 offset, in order to run that offset you need an 8mm spacer

WTF. Why can’t you just run a +19 then? lol

Come on, that’s ne of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard!

I’m not sure lol
i only have slight knowledge of how offset works, but the rims will hit the control arm or shock assembly or something unless they are actually placed further from the hub

these are 17x9 +25 with a 255/40/17 tire
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll148/95LS1t/cobra_rear.jpg

http://www.martincheck.com/wheel_tire_fitment_FAQ.html

Think of subtracting offset as adding a spacer onto the wheel… Less offset, more spacer.