spacers with studs..opinions

i was thinking about getting spacers (15mm) for better wheel clearance, but the ones that come with the studs pressed in already, what do you guys think? would it be suitable for track? but not hardcore…
example would be the ichiba spacers.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll96/MrWongG35/IchibaspacersV2.jpg

Competely suitable for track / competition use.

I think that is far better then running jsut a spacer and relying on the stock stud to be strong enough that far out.

He wouldn’t have enough thread pitch left to get a lug nut on if he used a 15mm spacer with OEM studs. His only other option would be to get extended studs if he wanted to use a normal spacer. Either way he will be fine.

briggs, how much mm would you recommend for a decent flush? i got a s13…

with what wheels?

give exact sizes and offset

i would say tires between 225-245 and prolly +30 offset rims

those ones in the pictures look like 25mm

ya they’re 25mm, i just googled a pic randomly lol

need the width of the wheels.

And yes those are perfectly fine.

that doesnt really help… are they stock or what?

oh no theyre not stock… with the 17’s I have right now, they dont clear my gtr brakes

well if you dont tell us the specs we cant tell you what size spacers you need.

this thread fails i don’t even care.

lol, the ichibas are pretty nice…if you wanted to go with studs on spacers, go for brand name and not the ebay knockoffs, never know when your wheel will fly off…

to make it really simple, just measure the distance of how sunken in your wheels are in your wheel well and get that size of spacer

No, it really si more dependant on:

a)the face of your wheel and the design of the spokes
b) more importantly, the backspacing on the inside of the wheel, where the hub meets the wheel.

If your not clearing your brakes, you have either problem a or b. Or a disgustingly horrible offset. +30 is not horrible though, so it’s more than likely one of the aforementioned issues.

Measure how far out the brakes stick away from your hub, and how much your backspace on the wheel goes away from the spokes. Then get a spacer accordingly. That SHOULD be your easiest bet.

^ if he does what i said and his brakes didnt fit then he wouldnt be able to install his brakes, unless he bought new fenders. he didnt mention buying new fenders so lets not put that in the equation LOL

How can he measure something he cant put on his car??? HRMMM BRIGGS?

Your advice would work great if he was having issues with flushing out his wheel wells, and while im sure thats on everyone’s mind, his problem is about clearing brakes essentially.

my major issue with these spacers is that the stud hardware is far below OEM spec. In the past i have used H&R, TF and other spacers… the studs have failed very often… failed on the H&R (they fell out of my car on the highway) and the TF ones literally stripped completely apart.

I have Peak studs on my car because i got them for free, but i wouldnt even recommend buying those.

The only wheel studs that should be used are ARP wheel studs. They are basically invincible.

They do not make 12 x 1.25 applications but they do make 12 x 1.5 applications that will fit a 240sx knurl.

Yes is cost more to put ARP studs in your car than it does to buy generic bolt ones like the Ichiba ones… however, if you have ARP extended studs you can literally change the diamter of your spacers as you wish.

If you own the same car for a few years, which i have, and switch between wheels often for the track, street, drift, winter etc. you can change the width of your spacers to suit your wheels for flushness, coilover clearance, caliper clearance, etc.

and you have a wheel stud that will never fail…