UPDATE... ANYBODY WORK FOR CHEVY which dealer should i go to?

Brought it to Nitroinsane, THanks Joe, unfortunately they think the issue is the PCM (not turning the fans on),they couldnt be sure though, so i think i want to just take it to a dealer and have them try to figure out whats causing it

but further more… when im cruising at 70 the car is still a half-2 dashes above normal operating temp, so the fans shouldnt matter at that temp as they wouldnt be doing anything…

am i missing something here?

OK, so im sick of whatever is causing the malibu to run hotter than normal and im just going to bring it to a shop… anybody work at a chevy dealership or can they recommend me one that isnt going to bend me over to badly? thanks

-will

change the t-stat?

Fans coming on? T-stat, HG leak, who knows…

most likely a 3100 ?? … intake mani leak

oh the dreaded Intake manifold leak…prolly ur issue

why take it to a dealer and get banged?

I’d only go there if its under warranty.

If its not, take it to djnick or something and save some bucks.

yea… fans on, and a new tstat, and coolant temp sensor… also… its been getting like 16 mpg… yea…obv 3.1 lol…

such a problem on the 3.1s…its ur intake manifold…do u have anyy mechanical skill at all…its not to hard to do…

Brought it to Nitroinsane, THanks Joe, unfortunately they think the issue is the PCM (not turning the fans on),they couldnt be sure though, so i think i want to just take it to a dealer and have them try to figure out whats causing it

but further more… when im cruising at 70 the car is still a half-2 dashes above normal operating temp, so the fans shouldnt matter at that temp as they wouldnt be doing anything…

am i missing something here?

if its still that hot at 70, sounds like MAYBE the low speed fan is working, but not the high speed fan. check relays?

relays are all fine… ummm yea even at speed its above the middle line… :frowning:

its mechanically fine first thing i assume with any gm 3000 series engine is a intake mani leak\i can turn the fands on with the a snap on scanner. and the ac. the thermo switch is good the cts is good it has to be the pcm. we thouroughly went through this car and i followed the mitchell flow chart pretty well

Don at hybrid used to work at GM dealer…