want to upgrade my breaks

ok so i have brembo cross drilled rotors, hawk pads and braided brake lines right now. i love it but i need more. i want to upgrade to a 4 piston caliper up front but i want to say with 4 bolt hubs.
ive seen some people running 4 pods with 4 bolt hubs. so i was woundering what calipers should i be looking for?

thanks guys

z32(300zx) calipers are 4piston, skyline brakes, jdm s14 cars/clips come with them as well.

Dont worry about the rotors, just have them re-drilled to 4x114.

Also, the q45’s calipers bolt up with no problem (not 4 pot though, IIRC), and they are still larger than 180sx and stock 240sx. They can also use your existing ss brake lines…

will they just bolt right up no problems to a 4 bolt bub? do i need a bigger rotor size

Well, you’d have to get the q45 rotors, but they won’t bolt right up until you have them redrilled somewhere.

the q45’s brakes are not larger than a 180sx. 180sx are 280mm and so are q45’s.

Honestly, IMO, unless u are tracking ur car hardcore just get 180sx brakes. the extra size will add enough for braking. If u go to Z32 u need it all the way around and its a good idea to get the MC because the stock one isnt designed for brakes that size.u can lock up 180sx brakes on the highway

Just something to think about, u dont need 4 piston

In the absence of a dearly-missed former poser…I mean poster…I will say this.

Taurus Brakes please.

Hahahah O cali you rock.

I guess before we start hossing out opinions
What are you tru plans for this car?

what u guys think about cross drilled rotors and slotted from part source they have for s13, my buddy bought them for a 97 civic and there pretty good, just want a to see wut u guys think there cheap two i think he got two for liek 120-150’s something like that

z32’s up front, 4 piston, make sure your BMC is at least a 15/16 and flush the entire system with some fresh brake fluid. You will not be disappointed.

will the z32 brakes need different lines?

There are conversion lines available for s13 -> z32 brakes.

yes u will have to get the z32 brake line

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30461

hahahahaha i knew this was coming

Get some the Brembo Grand Turismo Brake kit. It costs around $2000 though.

get someone to make you a custom wilwood front brake setup.

it’s all about wood…

Actually… Q45s are larger… 282mm x 28mm vs the 180sx @ 280mm x 22mm

Instead of re-drilling the Q45 to 4 bolt thou you could simply use the altima/180 rotor as the smaller 2mm dia isnt a big deal and 6mm width difference is easily absorbed throu the pad/pistons etc…

Plus the fact the Q45’s are dual piston.

Are you 100% sure? I hope so, because I’ve had a pair of q45 calipers for a while because there isn’t anyone around here that drills rotors.

Has anyone done this?