what i did this weekend

jesus, id love to have that for $2800.

i think my one neighbor is pissed at us because his house is completely run down, grass is like 4 feet tall, and theres rats everywhere around the place. we asked him if we could put up a new fence on his and our property line, he said no, so we blew him in to the building department and he got a shitload of summons so he got pissed. the cops have been randomly showing up to my house lately.

man they bother you over there for noise I rev my car up to like 6k all the time and they dont bother me. my car is 3" no cat with a xr1 muffler, and wolfs challenger is loud. Sounds like your neighbors are a-holes

What happened to saving money lol. I say ditch the truck and mod the stang (even though I dislike that style Mustangs)

the stang is a project car. thats what ive wanted for a long time (along with a 98-02 black WS6). i inherited some money from my grandparents, who would have wanted to see me get what i want, so thats what i spent some of it on.

EDIT: the cops showed up AGAIN today, apparently i was drag racing down the street and doing burnouts all morning. thats funny, since ive been at work since 7:30 this morning.

haha. gramma would have wanted to see u spend her money on a race car.

shes probably rolling in her grave over that car

ask the cops what kind of probable cause they had for stopping over ever time, and tell them you want a print out to give to your attorney for the reasons they are harassing you. then pee on their face/do a burn out in your driveway

they keep saying someone is calling.

MODS: please change the title of this thread to My 5.0 Project. i dont wanna start another thread just for that. thanks

on with an update…

small update: got the car cleaned up, especially the inside, which was a complete mess. the guy who owned it before me smoked like a chimney and it REEKED inside the car. i shampooed the carpets, seats and the whole 9 yards and got everything pretty well cleaned up. i also gave the car a good wash and removed the stripe. looking at the before and after pics, i like the car a lot better without the stripe. it was also coming off in spots, so i think its just better off not being there. we also Seafoamed the car yesterday, i think my neighbors got a bit pissed over that lol. thats it for now, heres some pics.

and my to-do list:

Mechanical stuff:
-radiator is leaking (put some stop-a-leak in it which seems to have resolved the problem but i see that as a temporary fix only)
-front rotors are grooved out pretty bad, so im gonna do new rotors and pads up front
-power steering whines like all hell, so im gonna get the system flushed and filled, and if that doesnt help i’ll go from there. the fluid looks pretty black.
-it appears as if i may have a small transmission leak. i noticed a spot of fluid on the driveway today. the transmission in the car is near brand new (or so i was told) so im hoping its just a line or something easy.

Interior/Cosmetic stuff:
-get new door handle trim pieces
-figure out whats going on with the hacked radio install and try and clean that up and maybe get a OEM unit back in there
-some of the mounting holes for the clips on the door panels are so rounded out that the clips wont hold anymore. gotta come up with a fix for that.
-get a new sill plate cover for the passenger side
-get new shocks for the hatch
-fix the ash tray cover

wow…that car is soo nice for the $

Makes me miss my foxes :frowning:

EDIT: for some reason, the car looks WAY better in pictures than it really is. what you dont see is this: the hood was never painted (guy jsut left it the black they come in from the factory), front bumper is either real real faded or painted flat black, as is the spoiler, and the paint on the roof is faded and starting to peel just a bit. so yeah, the car needs a paint job.

You really need to adjust your camera or your editing software because every pic is coming out way to blue.

Nice fox

Maybe it’s just a depressing neighborhood? :shrug:

Quite the sexy car though.

don’t hear this too often.

list on ebay and double your money, lol.

The whining pump is SOP for '90s Fords. It looks like a lot of car for $2800.

your finances appall me

i don’t know what else to say

What happened to moving out of you parents house?

Thank you for not justifying this car as a responsible decision. :tup:

Looks like a nice project. Very sharp looking. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

Stop-leak? You might want to replace your radiator and thoroughly flush the coolant before you have to replace the water pump too, or gum up a passage in the block, or… Odds are you’re probably fine, but that stuff just gums up when it contacts air. It doesn’t know air in the water pump from air in the radiator. That stuff’s shady.

yeah im gonna replace the radiator before i put the car on the road. i just put stop a leak in there so i dont have to put coolant in it everytime i i need to move it in the driveway.

as for buying it, like i said, i inherited some money and used a portion of it to buy the car, the rest is going for school. and working 6 days a week 10 hours a day all summer is funding the rest of my expenses lol.

:tdown: on auto tranny decision