what i did this weekend

after some internet finagling, i made the trip down to Medina, OH (just on the far side of cleveland) on sunday to pick something up that i bought.

the day started out as such, with me filling the big 2500HD 8.1 (from “E”)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1214/623954673_781b20c60e_o.jpg
^ouch. had to endure that same pain once more in Medina, and then again in Angola.

then it was off to pick up the U-Haul trailer. the guy at U-Haul tried telling me that “According to my computer, your truck isnt enough to tow the car trailer with the car on it” ummm right. i convinced him otherwise and we were on our way.

getting there was interesting because i borrowed a friend’s Magellan GPS thinggy, which kept freezing and wouldnt tell me to turn until about 4 miles AFTER the actual turn/exit or whatever.

so we finally got there, and i loaded what i purchased on the trailer and headed home.

and of course, what would a trip though PA be around this time of year without a stop at the Sky King? lol we loaded up on some stuff there too. its gonna be a good 4th of july this year haha

so, the car is a 1992 Mustang GT, auto, with 71k on it. its 100% stock. the car is in VERY good shape, so rust on or under it anywhere, and they guy gave me a ton of extra parts to go with it.

overall, it definitely needs some loving, but i think it will turn out good. im about to go out and clean it up a bit now, i’ll take some better pics of it after. before i can drive it on the road, its gonna need a radiator (didnt know about that before i bought it), the brakes are pretty much shot, and the power steering needs a little work. but all and all, its in good shape.

i am now the 3rd person between my friends and i to buy a car sight unseen (one was bought off autotrader in OH, one off eBay in PA, and i found mine on Corral.net) and we all agree that its something we would never ever do again. we all got really lucky with the shape our cars were in (i think mine is a bit worse off but oh well) but it wouldnt be something to risk again.

it doesnt look too bad

Price?

Edit: i mean it doesnt look to bad for its year, kinda nice, i like the black on red

i’ve gotten 4 cars sight unseen… 1 was a mistake and the other 3 turned out just fine… just ask for alot of pictures! LOL

i like the black/red combo, looks good

So much for saving money…

Should be a fun project though.

Awesome pickup. Not sure about an Auto in that car but still a very nice looking ride! Plans for it? and Price if you don’t mind?

what kind of mpg’s did you get?

Ughhhh I remember wanting one in that color combo when I was a little kid. :slight_smile:

Niceeeee. :slight_smile:

23 highway

2 city

:rofl:

If you had to fill up before leaving buffalo and then when you arrived in Medina OH you got an amazing 9.1 MPG :lol:

lol at you not being able to tow that trailor, 8.1 for the win

Looks clean :tup: Mike.

i paid $2800 for the car. it came with an extra brand new rear end with 3.73s, new heater core, 2 sideskirts, and a bunch of other odds and ends.

as for plans, i want to get the front bumper repainted and the spoiler repainted and the whole car needs to be buffed out BAD. the red stripe is already gone, as it was peeling off anyway. i like the car much better without it. im gonna do some mild motor mods to it, nothing too crazy…yet lol

and the Amherst Po was already at my house once trying to give me a noise ordinance ticket. i backed the car down my driveway about 10 feet to wash it, then started it and pulled it back up when i was done. i didnt rev it or anything. i guess Cherry Bombs on the car will do that.

dude you stole that car good buy

hell yeah that was a good buy. 1 day, 1 day, i just have to keep telling myself that. 1 more credit card to pay off hehe

What do you do that makes the cops hate you???

I live in the middle of amherst…and drove around with no exhaust for a couple weeks…not a single issue.

clean lookin stang :tup:

i bet he’s just lying.
seriously.

cops aren’t going to show up to your house just because you backed the car down your driveway to wash it.

either way, nice pick up.

lol… fucking :word:

we’ve rocked so many loud & otherwise ‘cop magnets’ along Amherst/Ton on a daily… not one traffic stop.

Is that off the Lodi exit in Ohio? Looks familiar.

Nice find! If you need someone to detail/buff it for you I know someone who has plenty of experience with black Mustangs;)