Lumina SS 6.0L

you do realize the “new” gto out performed the “old” gto in every which way possible right? even straight acceleration.

Keep in mind, the Trans Am, also was not a good seller either in the 4th generation. Remember the F-body was shit canned due to lack of sales, and a plant closing. If it is a dominant product they would’ve retooled immediately after the St.Therese plant closing. Fact is, they could not compete with Mustang’s sales. Were they awesome cars? No doubt. I owned a few of them, and loved them. They were received better than the GTO was, but thats mainly due to the public wanting retro styling, which is something GM did not deliver with the GTO. What they did do was deliver outstanding performance with it though.

where it may not resemble an old gto, it sure as hell lived up to its name performance wise

aggressive styling or not, I know of a few of them that could put the screws to some ws6’s stock for stock

you may say it’s not worth the name GTO, which is fine thats your opinion. But what would you call it when it’s ahead of you in a race? Because since we’re stating opinions here, I’m betting a well driven gto would show you its tail lights in a race, LS6 conversion or not, with you behind the wheel it’s a given.