What to do? Make STI fast and have slow DD or buy cheap fast car and keep STI as DD?

Ah, yeah. That math failed me. Oh well. Buying is still going to be cheap on a 12-17k car.

Yeah, but if he’s going to be changing around cars anyway…it’s something to consider.

As stated by some thing great on gas for a dd (civic/tdi/elantra) then mod the sti, just cause they sound AMAZING and have great potential!

I’ve had my car protuned at xxtuning and did the stage 2 stuff. I’d like to see 10.99 or faster though.

whats your definition of making the STi fast tho.

if ur talking about a built motor/head/35r combo. option 2, otherwise 1

wow, ok go ls1 :rofl: Stall/cam/spray/slicks done

10s or faster with 130ish trap to start. I’d want to go faster once I hit that goal though.

is this a parody thread?

Buy a crotch rocket. :tspry:

^ working on that… got my motorcycle license a few weeks ago :slight_smile: Looking for a '07 black cbr 600 if you know of any :smiley:

Definitely don’t mess with an STi if you want to see 10s. Going to take a boatload of money and it really isn’t a good platform for drag in general.

[flamesuit on]

Well it will take a lot of money to get any car in the 10’s …

I’ve come up with a rule that says if you add anymore more than 100hp to a car it will be a miserable or pain in the ass daily driver.

evo is a much better choice for a 10 second car. (much easlier / cheaper). but I wouldn’t pick either.

Some cars take $3-5k, some take $20K+.

The STi is going to be much closer to the 20k mark unless you just want one glory run. Built engine, worked heads, GT35r or larger turbo, engine management system, big fuel pump, injectors etc etc etc etc.

Not compared to an STi. Friends got 1st gen neons including the car into the 10’s for 8k. LS1 cars can go 10’s for maybe… 5k of mods if you spend the money in the right places. Evo you can do it stock motor and stock computer, if you have a big enough turbo and a good clutch. Mustangs do it with a fuck ton of spray on stock motors.

The STi is a hard car to go fast in. Voltron proved this, as its the only STi powered car in the area that went 10’s. I have yet to see another even go 11’s, let alone low 11’s. I had intake, exhaust, meth, tune, boost controller, fmic, with lots of boost, and only went 12.8. That was with a 1.7 60’ too.

–mark

On stock motor I ran a 12.2 with a very bad 60’ in my STi and that was with about 7k in mods. Im sure the car could do low 11’s if I had enough good passes but I blew my motor…

That may prove your point I guess, but there are too many variables. But generally speaking, you are right.

i agree and disagree with your first statement, but 100% agree with your second.

my car can very easily be a DD. yes, its not as good as a stock evo would be, but i believe it would be a great DD, i just choose otherwise because the tune is so aggressive, its a time bomb as is. im sure i could de-tune it to make it more fun as a DD, but F that. beating the snot out of it on 30 lbs/race gas/12.2 afrs is the shit :lol:

but that’s the thing… it’s easy to get an STI into the low 12s, high 11s… but after that you just start dumping buckets of money.

But its not, its pretty tough!

Just out of curiosity, what is it that prevents the STI from being any good in the 1/4 even with a good amount of power?

Gearing too close, or not suitable?