What would this benifit?

it look like extra useless crap for me,
if it is better, y nissan people didnt figer it out ?

most uneducated, generalized responce ever.

gtfo.

GT

I think you’d want a bit more than 1" of travel in a rally car.

Last attempt flame away, but if you look at the images, having it bolted to a cantilever-stlye setup like that, with the coilovers free to pivot, I can see a lot of play in the cantilever before the shock even sees any of it. As well, with the angles of both, it looks hella likely to bind up.

Granted I haven’t seen the rest of the car, but why over-engineer the top mounting point of your suspension, while retaining the stock running gear underneath?

This would probably function much better in a tube frame car, not a weaksauce unitbody car with a cage welded in.

Unless the bottom side is equally as strong, I’d be scared for the rear shock tower’s integrity. I’ve bent them taking shocks out.

its not useless, its just not practical and lil overboard especially in a 240 imo.

not on tarmac, but with the cantilevers and the coilovers you can give yourself more ride height and travel when you do

Thats actually slightly different from le mans cars, the le mans cars the control arm would have a 90 degree vertical actuator that would horizontally press on the coilover rather than through a pivot point. Im not a physics expert but to me it seems like the pivot point on that 90 degree bent actuator will actually reduce some flexibility.

Yea, I think I agree with mr200. I can see quite a bit of added unnecessary motions because of the way the linkages are set up. I honestly see no benefit to this setup that couldn’t have been obtained with a stiffer spring rate, because that’s essentially what they’ve done by messing with the arm lengths on the linkage. And there’s quite a bit that could go wrong more than stock.