Suspension Help

Hey guys. I’m gonna be buying the main suspension components for my car real soon and right now, I have two options from what I can see. I can get a used sportlines/agx combo with around 10K for ~$600 or some brand new Tein Flex coilovers for $1400. I’m trying to go autocrossing and going to track days in the summer so I want a good setup. This is also a daily driver. Keeping in mind that I am poor, what would you guys recommend and why? And if you have any other suggestions, please post them. Thanks.

my friend search. there was a long thread about this a month er so back. we beat on this issue alot.

Andrew.

I did search and only found this thread:
http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10159&highlight=coilovers+shock+spring

Only 3 replies, or maybe I just suck at the internet?? Anyways, I just wanted to see what you guys would do if you were in the situation I am in (the prices I have on the stuff).

coilovers

why?

dont ask just buy.

Lol, so ur saying buy the Tein Flex right? Teins 1 sportlines/AGX 0

Lol, so ur saying buy the Tein Flex right? Teins 1 sportlines/AGX 0[/quote]

Don’t buy coilovers if:

you don’t take the car to track
you daily drive it in Toronto
you care about about ride comfort

Andrew.

buy coilovers if

you want lowest possible center of gravity

slammed

performance

adjustability

wheel fitment

drift
grip

and if you think you will for sure buy them in the future, no sense buying shit now and upgrading later, your thrownig away your money

resale on coilovers= good
resale on springs/shocks= hard as hell

dont make the same mistakes i did bro

and if u want low dont buy d2’s

dont make the same mistake i did bro! haha

if you are poor… then you should just cut your springs. :roll:

Just kidding… I have Tein HA’s on my GTR and its stiff as shit, driving in toronto is a bitch, have to be very selective as to what streets you drive on. (Comissioners = baaaad)

anyway… i have no opinion… so do what you want/can afford.

Lol, so ur saying buy the Tein Flex right? Teins 1 sportlines/AGX 0[/quote]

Don’t buy coilovers if:

you don’t take the car to track
you daily drive it in Toronto
you care about about ride comfort

Andrew.[/quote]

I dont think you should buy coilovers based on if you track your car or not… street or track coilovers give better performance.

What Jesse said. Coilovers.

andrews just bitter cause he doesnt have any

hahahah
:lol:

if you drive in winter = no coilovers

if you dont have alot of tech knowledge to trouble shoot suspension issues = no coilovers

if you havent ever had shocks / springs before = no coilovers

if you care about rattles and have a gf who you drive around alot = no coilovers

basically the AGX’s / springs will not give you any problems but will also not give you near the benefits of coilovers.

they are mediocrea across the board except for that they cost less and have greater longevity.

coilovers are higher across the board for performance, adjustability blah blah blah but also in price and maintenance.

no shop will be able to trouble shoot your coilovers.

they will simply say:

“dddddduuuuurrrrrrrr they’s broke”

when in fact they are fine.

if you arent the type to get under your car and take your coilovers out to inspect and adjust at random then dont get them

and Jesse was bullshitting about the drop, my car is plenty low and i have D2’s

:lol: I could flop my suspension and have coilovers tomorrow if I wanted. I gotta drive in Toronto, you would quickly sell you coilovers if you had to drive to work every morning on these god-damn cow paths.

Andrew.

you dont have it any worse than us.

st.catharines is like tha 3rd world city

I’m also torn, pretty much every one of my other cars had coilovers on it. I always got used to it, but going back to a car with a mild spring/shock combo…it’s unreal.

The lack of creaks and rattles, not to mention my teeth are thanking me for it. While I know it will be pain and suffering while on track…it’s worth it for me now. I spend more time in pothole central than I do at the track.

My .02.

:lol: I could flop my suspension and have coilovers tomorrow if I wanted. I gotta drive in Toronto, you would quickly sell you coilovers if you had to drive to work every morning on these god-damn cow paths.

Andrew.[/quote]

/shrug

I kinda liked the bumpy ride… besides, your car looks so sexy when there is no suspension flex at all

I guarantee you there is no worse city in Ontario than Windsor. Railroad tracks everywhere and american style roads… I drove them for two years with coilovers… didn’t really bother me. To each their own though I suppose.

I kinda liked the bumpy ride… besides, your car looks so sexy when there is no suspension flex at all

I guarantee you there is no worse city in Ontario than Windsor. Railroad tracks everywhere and american style roads… I drove them for two years with coilovers… didn’t really bother me. To each their own though I suppose.

windsor may as well be a motocross track theres so many bumps and dips and shit.

i went there in october just as it was gettign cold… id hate to see itonce the road starts to heave in the spring from all the traffic every winter.

never will i drive around there at random

GT

i vote Hamilton for the worst roads out there.

i was coming back from my girlfriends the other day and i decided to go through the city… big mistake.

teh bumps were so bad i hit my head off the roof of my car three times.

luckily i was able to avoid the meteor craters… the potholes were the kind that gets a city sued… literaly a foot and a half wide and 8 inches deep.

if one were to dip a wheel into them they would either break their entire front suspension or cause an accident when it alters the entire geometry of the suspension in less than a second.

Im with you on this one, hamiltons roads went to hell this winter. Everywhere I go around the city there are massive potholes. Damn plows

try 401 express west after 404. Ride that till allen road and tell me how you like it with coilovers. Think you can take collectors, tell me how you like it on the bridge after younge street.

Andrew.

I drove the entire length of the 401 many, many times… was a relatively pleasant drive :slight_smile: When you’re on the highway, most of the time you cant even tell you’re riding on 300lb/in