What would this benifit?

I dont understand what the point of this would be i know the car bends under high speed corners but well i dont know does anyone know why anyone would do this ? just curious

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/GTChampion/1822194gk6.jpg

dude man…its JDM TYTE like my new JDM ashtray that smells like JDM cigs

coolness factor, having his rear struts in the trunk… maybe he is runniung retadedly wide wheels an needs the extra 2 inches or so of space

am i wrong in assuming that that actually is the suspension for the car and it is just attached to the cage…

ie. that is the spring and damper right there in the hatch.

no bing it looks like its for the car, you are correct

Additional dampening from the struts below

Edit:
I am wrong and I have been corrected/learned.

im going with Gonad on this one, additional dampening, seems he’s using 2 sets of struts, on in the normal position the other as seen in the pic. why? who knows.

you guys are nuts…why would you need a second coilover for each corner. You could achieve the same thing by manipulating the spring rates and valving of one coilover.

what is confusing to the eye is that we are all used to seeing coilovers mounted vertically. however, on all open wheel cars (F1 etc.) as well as the Konigsegg (spelling) they are mounted more horizontally.

That is in fact his rear suspension

And probably a very expensive exercise in futility

Having free pivot points on both ends of the strut … if the suspension in any way did try and move, rather than bind up, thankfully it can avoid having to do any compression by moving around.

I bet it’s stiff though.

Why he doesn’t just weld the suspension solid is beyond me.

From the looks of things, he relocated his coilovers. My only guess would be for clearance.

It’s a classic inboard suspension setup.

That setup given the right lengths of the cantilevers can infinitely changes the suspension.

It’s a pushrod setup, and a decent one at that…

There are however, many reason why that setup is better then your average multilink.

thats awesome, instead of suspension flexing on a re inforced chassis, they cut out the middle man and have the suspension flex on something which needs no reinforcment… (ie: the cage)if that is done well it must handle nicely … thats sick…

I always thought push and pull rod systems were done due to space limitations, and maybe weather limitations. Actually, now that I think about it, by changing the leverage, you can alter your suspension stiffness, but I don’t see how you would change your geometry. The regular multi link would still be in the regular spots, just have a bar running to transfer the force rather than your coilover.

Yep…

The answer is obvious he wanted to practice his drifting all year around without having to change his setup every season so he mounted it in the inside so now not only can he practice in snow but hes also saving his coils from rust. now thats Jdm Thinking.

i highly doubt it.

GT

bam!!

you’ve just been gt’inated

Im pretty sure this is a similar set-up used by le-mans cars?

its an EXTREMELY basic version of it yes.

theres MUCH more to the suspension of those cars.

GT

look also at how specifically it is setup, there is just over 1" of travel, maybe 1.5" max on the coilovers while resting on the ground, notice the cantilever has the long end on the coilover which means the suspension travel will be even less, maybe 3/4"… that would mean those springs and shocks are super stiff

the only place that kind of cage and such extreme height adjustable suspension has a home is amateur rally, rallycross, etc