why are the tastiest things......

“Aspartame accounts for over 75 percent of the adverse reactions to food additives reported to the FDA. Many of these reactions are very serious including seizures and death.(1) A few of the 90 different documented symptoms listed in the report as being caused by aspartame include: Headaches/migraines, dizziness, seizures, nausea, numbness, muscle spasms, weight gain, rashes, depression, fatigue, irritability, tachycardia, insomnia, vision problems, hearing loss, heart palpitations, breathing difficulties, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, loss of taste, tinnitus, vertigo, memory loss, and joint pain.”

"According to researchers and physicians studying the adverse effects of aspartame, the following chronic illnesses can be triggered or worsened by ingesting of aspartame:(2) Brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, chronic fatigue syndrome, parkinson’s disease, alzheimer’s, mental retardation, lymphoma, birth defects, fibromyalgia, and diabetes.
Aspartame is made up of three chemicals: aspartic acid, phenylalanine, and methanol. The book “Prescription for Nutritional Healing,” by James and Phyllis Balch, lists aspartame under the category of “chemical poison.”

aspertame, acesulfame potassium, ect ect all have there haters and lovers. there are so many web links on the internet dedicated to the good/bad of these chemicals but no real proof. have u ever herd of someone dieing because the drank too much diet soda?

Yeah, and my tampons could kill me with TSS, but what are the chances of that happening?

everything listed is also caused by getting older. who says these people who died were like 70+ years old???

No because like other soda, it is the long term effects that are my worry. Drinking a diet soda is not going to make you keal over in 10 minutes but it is very well documented that long term exposure to aspartame is not healthy. Much like smoking. One cig isn’t going to kill you. But 2 packs a day will.

2 packs a day might kill you quicker than a half a pack a day.

So…

Drinking a 24 pack of diet soda might kill you quicker than having a can a day.

See where I’m going with this?

I like stuffing my face full of steak, roast beef, potatoes + gravy, Turkey…

I can go on.

Oh and I almost never drink soda. Bottled water, iced tea, and juice ftw.

References
(1) Department of Health and Human Services, Report on All Adverse Reactions in the Adverse Reaction Monitoring System, (February 25 and 28, 1994).
(2) Compiled by researchers, physicians, and artificial sweetner experts for Mission Possible, a group dedicated to warning consumers about aspartame.
(3) Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills, by Russell L. Blaylock, M.D.
(4) Safety of Amino Acids, Life Sciences Research Office, FASEB, FDA Contract No. 223-88-2124, Task Order No. 8.
(5) FDA Adverse Reaction Monitoring System.
(6) Wurtman and Walker, “Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function,” Proceedings of the First International Meeting on Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function., Washington, D.C., May 8, 1987.
(7) Hearing Before the Committee On Labor and Human Resources United States Senate, First Session on Examing the Health and Safety Concerns of Nutrasweet (Aspartame).
(8) Account of John Cook as published in Informed Consent Magazine. “How Safe Is Your Artificial Sweetner” by Barbara Mullarkey, September/October 1994.
(9) Woodrow C. Monte, Ph.D., R.D., “Aspartame: Methanol and the Public Health,” Journal of Applied Nutrition, 36 (1): 42-53.
(10) US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, No. 84-1153 Community Nutrition Institute and Dr Woodrow Monte v. Dr Mark Novitch, Acting Commissioner, US FDA (9/24/85).
(11) Aspartame Time Line by Barbara Mullarkey as published in Informed Consent Magazine, May/June 1994.
(12) FDA Searle Investigation Task Force. “Final Report of Investigation of G.D. Searle Company.” (March 24, 1976)
(13) Testimony of Dr Jacqueline Verrett, FDA Toxicologist before the US Senate Committee on Labor and Human Resources, (November 3, 1987).

I’ll go with what THEY said.

All of the above + vitamin water FTW.

I almost forgot about vitamin water and how damn good it is. When I was in HS working at Rite Aid I always used to take vitamin waters from the cooler and drink them… they had a seemingly neverending supply of them.

I’m guessing it’s because there is a man that comes to restock them?

Ownage. Very bad for you.

like i said, what are the ages of the people who died from consuming too much aspertame?

fact of the matter is, everything will kill you because…no one is immotral. something has to kill you right? drinking too much water will kill you as well, but doesnt stop people from doing that does it?

and this an ownage how??? because he copy and pasted an artical that he found on the internet??? whoa!!! shit ur right.

like i said, all these symptoms are also caused by old age. who says these people were hella old and on the way out anyways?

You’re right, but, that isn’t very good logic. You know this as well as I do based on certain posts i’ve seen from you in the past, that eating healthy and staying in shape is important, not necc. to live to be a hundred, but to be healthy now and hopefully later. The less harmful things you do, the greater your chances are for being healthy later on in life.

Eating healthy is important to, well… stay HEALTHY.

If you are shoveling your face full of twinkies all day and come home to a Big Mac and a soda every night, then don’t complain to me or anybody else that you are too obese, ugly, and unhappy with your fat slob of a self.

Obese people with handicapped parking stickers make me rage.

Those motherfuckers should be forced to park at the back of the parking lot so they can get some exercize to lose weight.

I have no tolerance for people who disrespect themselves.

the greater chances for being healthy later on in life and then gettig hit by a bus? either way we are going to die.

i have seen people smoking cigs for 80% of there lives and live till 80+. its weird how it works but maybe some things affect people differently than others. and that in all these 75 cases or whatever, these people has week immune systems or something because they were fat peices of shit who ate potato chips all day.

see where im going with this? there has never been a study from start to finish to see how aspertame really affects the human body. it would be too costly and take way too fucking long.

so we will never know. until then…grabs my bottle of flavored water

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w116/bobosquirrel/MeMyself2.jpg