Why do most of the 240s on here still suck??

I don’t think the hate is on stock 240s. To be honest, I am actually more excited to see a pure stock 240 than one that’s been modded for the sake of it.

The problem is people who keep doing shit mods for the SAKE of doing it because they want to stand out.

It’s like cutting your hair for the sake of doing it even though you already look good with your current hairstyle.

People just need to stop trying so hard to be different. That’s pretty much why there are so many ricers.

theres nothing wrong with a stock car, but there is something wrong with being proud of it.

Is this possibly the longest single post ever by Mark?

Fixed. I would be pretty proud of a stock BMW M3 :slight_smile:

This thread is awesome for passing the time at work.

No matter what you do it’s YOUR car, do whatever the fuck you want.
Fuck what other people say.

perhaps a lack of sexual release causes Applesauce to be a shit disturber

Here are a list of shit-mods that are constantly being done:

1. Painting the hood black when car isn’t black
  2. Painting side skirts black when car isn’t black
  3. Painting the car flat black
  4. Putting on meaningless and useless stickers
  5. Installing “HID” bulbs
  6. ?

Almost every 240 I see, (mostly s13s) usually has one of the following as mentioned above.

people here just have bad taste.

Please no more self-made two tone 240’s, shits gay.

if you can afford to paint your skirts, dont put them on or dont buy them at all.

Buy some wheels or coilovers.

Anything flat coloured isn’t cool unless you put it into a wall.

+5

does that count if the car doesnt match colours to start and u just want 1colour??

Why should you even care? Your car is for you. Ed didnt pay for your car, Mark didnt pay for your car, you or your parents or friends paid for your car, the only people that you should care about would be them. Tell the critics to shove it.

Um, HIDs let you see better at night. Maybe not 12,000k, but the 8000k’s I just put on let me see better, and therefore drive safer.

I’d paint my car flat black if I didn’t have money for a proper paint job and the paint was severely faded/falling off, etc.

Aw, I’m only 3/5.

Taste is such a subjective matter, arguing on a subjective matter is pointless because…well, subjectivity is not quantitative, thus you can’t really have a definite answer. For every 10 people who think aluminum spoilers are ugly - there are at least 10 more who think they are awesome/functional (given proper application).

What one can do is take a sample of consensus of the general population and use that to determine a “correct opinion.” From a non-240, non-car-guy perspective, I’m willing to guess that most observers would think that, out of the 5 modifications previously mentioned by Mark, only 1 would be acceptable - the rest would be ugly.

However, when the aforementioned question is proposed to an audience with direct interest in the subject in discussion - you’re more likely to have answers that are opposite to aforementioned observations; that being 1 out of the 5 would be acceptable, and 4 out of 5 being not acceptable.

Post any of the previous 5 mods on any other car site just to see what the response is. It not likely that they would be as receptive to those mods as 240sx owners. And, my friends, is where we stand.

Stock cars are not ugly. Modded cars are not neccesary to be “awesome” (the M3 example is great here). Modded cars for the ‘sake of modding’ is a touchy and subjective area. With the additional catalyst of a younger age group (say…compared to STi or M3 owners) - you get more ‘fuel to the fire’ with lesser income, less time, less resources…but most imporantly…fragile egos.

a non-car guy wouldn’t give two shits lol…

how bout we just end this thread now?:cool:

A non-car guy would say “That’s ugly.”

Not sure if you were joking, BUT, those are the ugliest wheels I’ve ever seen. I’d take my knock-off Volks or my green painted WINTER steelies over those any day.

Seriously everyone who was offended by this thread and the link to the page in the recent picture thread needs to move to thailand to get a vagina installed, maybe one of the vendors could start a group buy.

mark said “hid” BULBS, not and hid set up with ballast and everything - he is referring to the cheese people do to get blueish looking lights and cant afford proper hids… even then i still think hids are played out on open housing headlights and they are on everything from a to z and its getting annoying and blinding…

hids never came in cars with open housing headlights without projectors i dont think… theres a reason for that…

I did’nt read all the posts but yeah Ontario seriously lacks in nice cleanly done 240’s espically if you compare them to the West Coast.

ever a stock 240 can look good with small mods yet noone gets that here lol…

this is something i think about alot …why are there hardly anyone here with nice fitting wheels? ect… im not saying there not nice cars on this site. somethings missing thats all…

i blame the east coast style lol

Hahaha