You Drive A 240sx! NOT A Race Car!!

So here’s another rant which is why I now hate 240’s and most of you…

Why are u people so obsessed with making their cars look like they’re faster than they really are? It’s not just u 240 owners, it’s people with Neon’s, Civics, Cavaliers, Sunfires and Hyundais too. You all go all out and buy new rims, tint ure windows, add fins, paint stripes on your car… why? It’s old. You drive a shitty car, deal with it. Talon owners (Solarian) though are some of the worst offenders. What’s the point of dumping all this cash into modifications when it won’t significantly change the performance of your vehicle?

It’s ironic that with all the money that u morons dump into modification, you could have saved up and bought a real sports car in a couple of years instead of pretending like you drive one now. It doesn’t matter how big your fins are, it doesn’t matter how cool your rims look, it doesn’t matter how much noise your muffler makes. You still drive a shitty car. Period. End of story.

In August last year I pulled up next to some jackass in a 240 in an intersection. He started to rev up his engine and roll back and forth. I turned my head towards him, glanced at his car, glanced at him, rolled my eyes and turned back to the road BTW I was in my BALLIN FOCUS (thanks shift_nissan). This jesture pissed off the driver and as soon as the light turned green, he went peeling off. Way to go jackass. Now what did he prove? A) That his car is so fast and powerful, that he can even beat people who aren’t racing him. B) That he’s a wise investor for buying those rims, because the ones he had just weren’t cutting it. C) Those stripes on his car look sharp and hide the fact that it’s still just a 240 or D) That he’s a dipshit.

Why didn’t I race him? Because I was not driving drive a sports car and I know it. I could pretend I was driving a sports car, just like anyone else. I could put giant fins on my car and pretend it’s a jet or whatever the hell they think putting huge fins on a car accomplishes. Or I could quit pretending and just drive my damn car to work and school. Watching people or drift in 240’s is like watching people race in minivans. I suppose the competition is there, but it’s anti-climactic, like watching two geriatrics playing golf. It’s a race where even if you win, you lose.

What’s the point of having a fast car anyway? Is there some legal speed that they’re trying to reach that they can’t seem to do with normal cars? Even if your car can go more than 200 mph, you have to break the law (more often than not) to do so. Way to go dipshits, you guys have spent your life savings on something you can’t use. Worthless.

Love to hear some feedback.

solarian also drives a g35

lol, ohh god. Im not gonna say anything at all but this; opinion is like an a$$, everyone has one but, there are some real big ones…like yourself :wink: (in my opinion)

your opinion for once is share by many on this forum… for once.
the type of 240s that you have described are what we call ricers,
however where you are wrong is that many people do not have ricers and infact have very cleanly modded cars. with no pinstripes and fins (who the fuck puts on fins??!!!)

uh, who pissed in your cheerios?

A lot of the guys on here know that stock the 240sx is not a fast car. But they are fun, affordable, and handle decently well for the money. Its not about having the fastest car on the block, its about having what makes you happy and what YOU like. Screw everyone else.

I personally have a big exhaust because my old one had a hole the size of a softball in the muffler… The new one was cheaper than getting an OE style replacement, and I think it looks sweet. Are you gonna call me a ricer, or accuse me of thinking my car is a “RACE CAR” now because of that?

What makes you think its your place to tell people they can’t enjoy their cars? Maybe that guy bought the wheels (not rims, those are the outer shell that exist on 2 and 3 piece wheels) because he liked the way they look? Is it so bad that they wanted to make the car look a bit different from everyone else?

If the guy is driving like a moron thats different. But like most other stereotypes that exist, its pretty unfair to buy into it and accuse all other 240sx drivers of the same mindset.

I for one modify my car and have fun driving it because its just that - FUN!

Get over yourself and quit ranting because the rest of the world doesn’t see this the same way you do. Its pathetic.

-Andrew

So this begs the question: why are you here in the first place? Did you not realize you typed in 240sx in the address bar?

Thanks for letting us know you don’t like us. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

we all seen what idiots do to there car…any car or truck or god forbid even minivans. But at the same time, who the fuck are we to disagree on how jackass spends his money…it’s not ours, if he/she wants to add a wing on a FWD car, go ahead, if they wanna add a fin n pinstripes (or whatever) let them be, we know it’s hardly a show with absolutley no go. But hey, still not our money, not our cars.
Now saying that, the 240sx is considered a sport-compact vehicle, thus making it somewhat of a stock sports car. With some more knowledge of the 240sx you’ll see and understand why people like this vehicle, and why they spend money behind it to modify them. But you shouldnt care, cuz it aint your $$.

I’m trying to figure out what the fuck a “fin” is :slight_smile:

Obviously you are trolling and trying to be a douche, so I’m not going to play.

But I will say this, you clearly know fuck all about Talons (DSM) when you say “won’t significantly change the performance of your vehicle” umm we are talking about 2.0L street cars that have run 9s here retard.

ZING!!!

If you honestly don’t think 240’s are capable of being fast…or any ‘sports car’ in your narrowly viewed perspective. Than I believe you should get prostate cancer and die. (Or at the very least have sex with a large morbidly obese fat man)

Kidding aside…good example is Sasha. Read the build he had on his car and you will realize why his car is called “David”

Btw…if that metaphor is lost on you…it refers to David and the Goliath, as he took on the big boys with ‘real sports cars’ and actually won.

The second thing is that from one jackass at a light that wanted to street race you in your focus and you immediately attach that perspective to every single person with a 240? Wow…talk about narrow minded…

So you must be extremely racist too huh? One black guy does something to you…and you immediately peg them as …? Or is it chinese people???

Fucking grow up. Your thread has just set back humanity 40 years. Congratulations.

hmmm i never knew this guy didnt have a 240. i thought most anybody on a 240 forum had one or was in the process of getting one. nm i’m not even gonna bother with this kid.

your attempt at a http://maddox.xmission.com/ rant = fail.

my 240sx was a race car…?

I don’t know Boba240 but damn son I assume he owned one at some point in his
life, now hes moved on to another car and now is super elite and he must keep his super elite status by coming to son240sx every chance he gets to say something negative (because thats the only way to keep your super elite status max).

With each of his posts I’ve only seen him try and belittle the 240 or the owners which is VERY amusing.

This guy now has a life long mission to get everyone to sell (or burn) their 240’s, move on and see the light like he did LOL and its obviously working because we are all running out and burning our cars!

Keep it up Boba240 i’m cheering for you!

I say all of son240sx give this boy the desperate cry for attention he needs (call it charity work) he is the son240sx’s resident suburbanite warrior on a crusade to get all POS 240sx’s off the road.

Boba240 this post is dedicated to you, you’re a true surburbanite warrior and your crusade is true. We are cheering for you.

thread maker get the dick out of your ass.

yes it is…or rather was…lol

dude…you’re an inspiration to this forum imo…i hope you realize that…

what you did with that 240…and then it was your first event…simply amazing

talk about an exciting season and the underdog taking the win. On your own home turf too.

Not trying to stroke your ego or anything…but your season (if anyone followed it) is what makes racing so exciting…it’s not like F1 where there’s sooo many rules and regulation that it makes it boring to watch…

wasn’t there a situation where you rear ended someone cause you didn’t see them due to some sort of brake dust cloud? Than got disqualified for going over the 3" ride height or some shit like that? Than came back next race and qualified in the top 4? Shit…i dunno about you guys…but fuck I was at the edge of my seat…lol none of that crap like F1…there’s bumping…rubbing fenders…and boys just keep on going…

and yeah…Sasha…should’ve removed that front bumper…but I can imagine the pressure sitting in pit…lagging behind…you just wanted to get out there again.

GTFO.

ignorance…
(i feel like i just wasted my entire life by reading this)

the guys just trying to get you guys worked up and its working… i think i smell a BAN!!!

hahah…we should just jack this thread and actually make it into a productive thread…

something worthwhile…while at the same time exposing him as the punk ass that he is