widest tire on a 17*7

what is the widest tire i could fit on a 17/7
i seached around a bit and there are people claiming that they have a 245 on a 7 as far as i kno the biggest u can go is 225 but any help would be great

i had 245 40 y do u want so wide tires on 17x7

225 with out looking like complete ass.

forget 17x7 get 17x10

im pretty sure 215 or 225 most people run.

ive seen 265s.
cuz that person isnt totally JAY-DEE-MEH. and just wants wide tires
jdm stretch = gay imo.

255’s on 7.5’s, doesnt look to bad, not a fan of the stretch either

225 fits nicely on 7" rims. 245 would have sidewall buldge.

205 50’s

shit. LOL
swear u told me 7"
and i just guested at 265:P LOL

i new it was big.

what would be the widest rim and tire combo i could run on a s13
and i m not talking crazy sizes something like a 235/45/17 (front)
and a 255/40/17 some thing like the fast octanes i kno there is lots of people running these rims but most tend to run a small tire is this because of tire rub issues? i would like to stagger but the fronts would have to be 7.
also dont tell me that 225 is fine i have lots of wheel spin, 225 was fine when i had less power…

for clearence info
89 hatch
megan coilovers (street)
stock body

i have 245’s on my 17x7’s in back they there fine minor blug barly it’s barly noticable. but the fronts are the main issue can if u have stock shocks they rub

depends on the tire and the stiffness of a the sidewall.

I had 245/45/17 (continentals) on my 17X7.5, and 2 different shops could not mount a 255/40/17 (BF g-forceKD) onto the same rims

I have 17x7 SE-R Spec-V rims, and I run 225/45/17 tires, which fit perfectly IMO. I wouldn’t go any wider.

Okay any of you asshats suggesting to run a 245 tire on a 7" wide wheel need to shush! The OP didn’t specify a tire so you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT

Just because it fits and you think it “looks good” doesn’t mean you should do it. There are more important things you need a tire to do other than look good… you know… maybe like… performance and safety?

Every tire is different, especially when you get in to super stiff or super soft sidewalls

Look at the manufacturers website for the tire, most of them give you a recommended wheel width as well as a “safe” range that you can use.

lol…245’s on x7’s …sounds like pushing it.

what is a good offset for my set up?

How much power do you have dude???

Where do you get your information? Why do the fronts have to be a 7??? Why?

Do you have rims already or are you buying some?

If you’re buying some, just get some 7.5’s or 8’s.

An 8 inch with a 225 in the front and and 9 or a 9.5 in the rear with a 245 or a 255.

i have rims prob gonna buy a new set

x7 i suggest 225 235 …245 is too fat, defeats purpose of putting on rim. just like wen i put a 225 on s14 LE rims x6.5 inner x7 outer. the tire became sloppy,so i rather have a 215 or 205 on my LE rims and gripped better