Tire Dimensions?

Im just wondering what are the biggest tires that you can fit on a S13(dimensions if you know em)? I just want to know what im working with tire wise, cause i need to shop around for some summer rubber.

Here’s a site im looking at if anyone is interested
http://2koolperformance.ca/tire_werx/index.htm#performance

are u shopping for rims aswell? or are u running stock rims?

stock rims i wouldnt bother going bigger than 225. But if u want grip why not get some nice wide rims and stretch the tire a bit?

Stretching the tire is not great for grip really, it is a drifting technique mostly.

A slight stretch where all you’re doing is eliminating sidewall flex is the best thing you can do IMO. For example a 205 on a 7" wheel is a pretty mild stretch, but good for reduction of sidewall flex.

If you are going for wider tires, get some wider wheels. The maximum tire width without rubbing will be dependant on a few factors such as camber, offset, and how low you decide to go.

well Im actually feeling kind of lazy… and I was thinking of just getting a rim n rubber package…225 on a stock, what about aftermarket?

ive got 255/40 es100 on the back, on a 7.5" inch rim, and for next season im goin up to 275/40, and 245/45 on the front, but like osad said theres obviously some factors you have to consider before you buy your tires, check out tirerack.com, that have full tire specs on many different tires,

on a side note, does anybody know a good place to get your inner fender lip rolled?

if you look hard enough you can find rim/tire combo’s for about the same price as just tires from a local shop. you probably won’t get the best tires with the combo though. i got a sweet deal on some staggered rims/tires from a local guy. 17x7 in front, 17x9 in back. the 205/40/17 up front don’t rub at all and the car is dropped 2". i think i can squeeze 215’s up there without hitting the fender liner but it’ll be close. no problems at all with the rear tires of course (245/40/17)

245/40(?)/17 on a 17X7.5 +35 in the fronts is the largest I have had.

I test fitted a 255/45/17 on a 17X9+25(?) +1/4" spacer but never ran it on the street. it seemed to fit.

^over Z32 30mm front brakes, and tien s-tech springs.

how was the diameter on the 255/45’s, one thing im not a huge fan of is when the tire doesnt fill the wheel well completely, i thought a 26" tall tire might look to big, i had 255/40s, and there 25" and i definatly want a bit more diameter, you wouldnt happen to have a pic of the car with those tires would you?