widest tire on stock s13

Hey guys,

Just wondering what the widest possible tire that would fit onto an s13 without any kind of modifications other than a 5-lug conversion. I ask because I have a set of 17"x8" OZ Superleggeras with 245/45/17s that I would like to put onto an s13.

If it’s not possible to do this on a stock s13, what would it take to put them on to make it legal (ie: widebody kit, etc)

Thanks,
Brent

i have run 245’s on a 240sx no problem

the AR on that tire might be a bit much because it is a 17"

i had 245/45’s and 245/50’s, both 16’s

teh 50 series rubbed.

245’s should work no problem in the rear. That is what i am going to run. It all depends on the offset of your wheels. And bing is right the AR might be to high. I’d go with a 40 with a 17" wheel.

They will fit depending on the offset of the rims.

I am running 235/45R17s all around and it fits… As long as it clears the
coilovers you’ll be fine.

are they the subaru specific wheels, cause I think those have a weird offset/bolt pattern

subarus have 5x100 and ghey offsets me thinks.

I don’t know the offset, but I’m currently running these rims on my '97 Maxima (which is FWD). I realized after posting this question that I might not be able to use these rims on a RWD 240SX (only the FWD 240SX’s…a very rare car, indeed). Any idea if they’d work, or how to find out if they’d fit properly on a 240SX?

I can’t wait to see your rides. 245’s on a 240sx? When 195 is stock? If the rims will function on a RWD car, I can probably get 225 or 235 width tires on the rims for the front tires.

I just found a V8 (LS1-Corvette/LT1-Camero) conversion kit for an S13. The LS2 engine has identical mounting locations and has a stock hp rating of 400 and weighs about the same as a stock KA. I can’t host the pics (dialup), but I have a few along with a pricelist.

I wonder what I need to get this thing insured? :twisted:

jah?!?!?!?!

sbc’s into s13s is nothing new :wink:

Bing: Could you please rephrase the question? In engrish please. :smiley:

Spd-dmn: Nope, not anymore, but a sbc kit it a new thing. It’s like having an SR in your car 5-7yrs ago.

Biggest tires you can fit on the rear are 265s and on the front 235s with some 17 or 18 inch 9.5 or 9 inch wide.

Nick

265s on the back of an S13? With mega neg. camber and superstretch, -maybe-. Also it appears the rear fenders are narrower on the coupe than the hatch.

hmmm i rub on 195/45 on 8" rims…with a shitload of negitave camber…maybe i should raise the car up?

So 265’s will fit on the rear of a an S13 hatch without modifying anything (ie: fender flares) and it will not stick out beyond the wheel well (therefore be illegal)?

Very interesting. The next question is how much can you lower the car before you experience wheelrub on the front? Personally, I like equal distance between the tire and the wheelwell all the way around (~ 1"-2" drop).

There is a seam in the top of the front wheelwells which will limit the upward travel of the front tire. You can hammer this seam down or cut it and re-weld it to gain another 3/4 inch of travel. After that the tire will rub the front of the well over a broad area. If your tires are tucking into the fenders there is a chance they will rub when you turn, rolling the edge of the fender will reduce the chance of this. Also there is a chance that the tire will rub the outside edge of the frame, my car does this but I think it’s only because of the tie-rod spacers which allow more steering angle. So basically there are a whole lot of places that you need to check for rub but don’t worry it’s all worth it in the end.

Thx…it’s so nice having knowledgeable ppl to ask these questions. +7yrs ago, it wasn’t available.