Winged Warrior Itinerary

NOTES

I am not driving my Z. This is because I want to focus on filming this weekend and not driving. I’ll be riding with LAFENGAS and he’ll take the lead. :tup:

If you have radios, bring them. It’s a huge help.

When we cruise there, we’ll be single file 99% of the time. If you act like as asshole and try to do flybys past the lead / camera car you’re on your own. Just ask SkunkApe how that worked out for him on the way to Toronto last year. :wink: We also do this to not piss off traffic who might want to go faster than us (yes, this will happen) so don’t just sit in the left lane.

If you’re driving like an asshole, expect to hear about it from everyone. This is the first open-invite long-distance event we’ve done. Don’t blow it.

Now that I’ve set those ground rules, here we go:

Friday, May 11th

• Meet at Taffy’s at 9am.

We leave at 10am. If you’re running late, you’ll have to meet up with us later down the road.

The trip there is all highways and should take at the most 8 hours. In comparison, the trip to Carlisle last year took us 7 hours.

The route is quite easy, but I’ll see about getting everyone a map copy again this year.

• Arrive in Indianapolis at around 6pm.

Check in and pay for parking. Expect parking to be $18 per day. Those staying at the Hyatt can pay by the hour.

Those who are racing in the event will then need to make the 25 minute drive out to the track to tech in, and test-n-tune. The track and tech are open until past midnight so you should have plenty of time :tup:

Those who are not racing have some options. You can either go to the track as well to get a preview of Saturday’s event, or check out the city.

Since all the Hotels in the area of where we’re staying are connected to a mall with a food court, those who are on a budget will be able to get some cheap eats.

All of the hotels are within walking distance from the local hot-spots (bars, clubs) and if anyone wants to check them out, I know some people will be up for it. If you’re not, the Hyatt has a decent sports bar. We can figure out our night plans when we get there.

Saturday, May 12th

• Leave for O’Reilly Raceway Park at 8am.

The track is about 25 minutes form the hotels. We need to get there a little early so that those who are racing can get setup. Racing starts at 10am. The rest of us who are in the car show will have an area set aside for us. We’ll figure out where that is once we arrive.

After talking to tpgsr (Mike) we’ve decided not to cookout for lunch that day. Mike is planning on going to the city earlier that week and making a vacation out of it. It would be too hard to get all the food in order and get the grill down there this time around for the level of cooking he’d like to do. But there should be plenty of good vendors there who will be giving some proceeds to the charity.

I’ve got no clue when the event will be over – there are a lot of cars that will be competing. We’ll play Saturday evening as it happens.

Sunday, May 13th

Checkout at the Hyatt is Noon. There is a Sunday brunch for $20, but I can’t seem to find it anymore on the website so if anyone is interested you’ll have to call the hotel.

• Leave for Buffalo around 1pm.

Obviously that time is flexible, but I’m sure people will want to be back in Buffalo by 9pm or so.

I’ll add to this as things come up :tup:

CLICK HERE and PRINT!!

^^ PDF File with Itinerary and Directions :tup:

If I get back from Tech I may join you guys for a late meal. I suspect I’ll stay with you guys till we get into Indiana and then I’ll head for the track at an extremely spirited pace (out of state tickets in Indiana are a joke, like 105 in a 55 for $120 joke).

Onyx I just wanted to thank you in advanced for being so organized. having things like this posted really helps keep things in order.

Onyx: Get me maps and info list before hand and I can print an unlimited number of copies, let me know

and def put me in for dinner

:tup:

I’ll PM you that stuff soon.

1.5 weeks away! BUMP

I gotta travel for work now… out :frowning:

too upset about my car and jeff… out

WTF???

i didn’t do anything stupid last year dick face

so what speeds do you normaly cruse at?

55-65.

still in.

didn’t you get lost? then we had to listen to you bitch about things like you always do? :baby cry: :headbang:

^^ i didn’t get lost last year fag face

and I’ll murder you

yeah you did, you were ahead of us driving into the city…then showed up to the check-in parking lot 30mins after we did. I remember because you started your bitchfest…again. :roll2:

we were driving like 30mph on the QE waiting for you guys, but onyx decided to sight see instead of catch up :gotme:

I dunno, I was busy trying not to get creamed by that tractor trailer who was riding my ass.

ohhhhhhhhhhh yea…

well that was josh’s fault… he was the one driving and had no idea where he was going.

i had nothing to do with that…bitch fest?? riiiiiiiiightttt.

ur getting a kick to the nuts

im still in.

do you have the maps printed up?

Not yet since Zwarfart decided he couldn’t go. The route is easy though.